“Best burrito this side of the pond...”
Review of The Mex

The Mex
Ranked #9 of 154 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Visited on the last night before heading home and the food was beautiful. Fair to say that we'll be visiting again when we're next in St Ives.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

As regular visitors to St Ives we always look forward to our meals at The Mex. The welcome we get is always pleasant and friendly and the food is always first class. My wife follows a vegan diet and is always well catered for. Over the years we have been visiting the service is always very good and I always struggle to decide what to choose from the Menu or specials board I cannot pick a favourite dish they are all so good. However I have to say the Ribs are a fantastic way to start your meal. If you are ever in St Ives even if only for one night The Mex is a must!

1  Thank 278Staffs_food_lover
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I rarely review restaurants however these guys absolutely deserve it. My wife and I had sampled a number of the rated restaurants and cafes in St Ives and had enjoyed them, but hadn't been bowled over. We fancied something different so tried the Mex.

The venue is small and unassuming but well kept. The staff were fantastic from start to finish, and were very accommodating when it came to our 15 month son and his wet buggy.

The food was simply amazing, not pretentious, just great portions of tasty Mexican food with a nice range of beers to boot.

We had a starter to share, two mains, two premium soft drinks, and three imported beers. The bill came to £47 which I felt to be good value for money.

A fantastic meal and can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We had a table booked on 27th for 7.00. However, we finished work early so rang up to see if we could go in for 5.30. Both times we rang the staff were very friendly and helpful.

It was a wet miserable evening in St Ives but opening the doors of the mex the warmth and the music invites you in to little part of mexico.

This is the best Mexican food my partner and I have ever eaten. For starters we both had vegan combos which were homemade tortilla chips, lime and coriander humus topped with pomegranate seeds and radish, guacamole, salsa chipotle. It was like a piece of art on the plate.

For mains I had a quesadilla with rice and potato wedges. Just as good as the starters. Not very often I'm full but this place beat me!

The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. Being a small restaurant I could hear how they spoke to other customers. Great customer service skills!

I could move to St Ives to eat here every week!!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Literally the best Mexican meal we have ever had and very reasonably priced.

We shared nachos for two and then I had the burrito grande and my husband had the burrito cancun (from the specials board) - all of it was absolutely delicious and the portion sizes were very generous. Put it this way, we had no room for pudding!

Service was polite and prompt as well.

Would highly recommend but make sure you book!

1  Thank Lisa B