“A wonderful Sunday lunch”

Trevathan Farm Shop and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Port Isaac
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Farm shop and Restaurant. Farm shop selling home produced meat and free range eggs, Cornish cheeses, Biscuits, chutneys, Beers, wine, ciders. Local crafts and gifts. Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea. Cream Teas, homemade cakes, ice-creams, coffee, beers and wine.
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We found this wonderful place whilst we were going to St. Isaac.

There is a farm shop in addition to the restaurant.

Our party of three arrived for an early lunch at 12.30pm.

We were shown to a reserved table and asked if we would be finished by 2pm as this was the only way that they could accommodate us.

This was very reasonable of them as the place was so busy.

My wife and her auntie chose the roast dinner. I was not too hungry and so opted for ham, egg and chips.

The food arrived quickly and was absolutely delicious.

My wife declared that it was the best roast dinner that she had eaten.

Mine was equally as good with the slices of ham taking up most of the plate.

Excellent food with wonderful service, a perfect mix.

This place is not to be missed but make sure you make a reservation to guarantee your place.

1  Thank David T
Mark S, Owner at Trevathan Farm Shop and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for this lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant and farm shop.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We visited for the first time on holiday last year and loved what we found so we came back whilst on holiday last week. We had a fantastic time once again. The children love the 'pick your own' fruit and the play area. The cakes we had from the restaurant were lovely and more than we could finish in one sitting (and I love my cake!!). The cream tea my husband had was also delicious. Can't wait to go back next year.

1  Thank Vicki84
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Considering this is a farm shop the quality of the meat served in the breakfast is very poor. I did not enjoy it and my eggs were rock solid. It was very greasy and unpleasant breakfast. We often come here for cream teas when we are passing but I wouldn't recommend going there for breakfast.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Called in for breakfast on the way home from a great Cornish holiday. Food was simple but ample and tasty, and the service friendly. The restaurant is clean and comfortable with great facilities for families. Judging by the crowds on Sunday their Sunday roasts are popular too!

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Its good to see this restaurant has 4 and a half stars, but I am astonished at some of the negative comments. I wonder sometimes what planet these people live on!!!!! Abraham Lincoln once said u can please some of the people all the time, you can please all the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time!!! I'm glad I'm in the vast majority that love the place! I challenge anybody to find a better and more tasty locally produced roast beef sunday lunch. If anybody reads this and decides to try Trevarthen for the first time book early as the huge amount of very satisfied customers makes this venue busy!

1  Thank Andrew T