“Tired and in need of TLC”

Polperro Model Village Land of Legend & Model Railway
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Having been to other model villages before and therefore having something to compare this with I was disappointed with Polperro. The buildings were in bad condition and very little attention to detail had been taken. The model village is very small and 5 minutes is more than enough time to spend there. The kids were disinterested as there was so little to look at.

On the way out there is the Land of Legends show which was very strange. We were closed in a room and there were 6 or 7 little tales about local legends but was just a bit bizarre and a bit basic and lacking in detail.

For the entry price I would expect a lot more. I would suggest a donation of £1 per person and much more detail is required for the buildings in the village itself. Why not make the village more interactive and give a chance to learn more about Polperro and it’s history.

I would not recommend wasting time or money here, wish I had taken note of the reviews before I went.

All reviews
"pounds"
in 5 reviews
"cottage"

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We were here at Easter this year 2017, haven't been in here for ages, it's so magical, the model village of Polperro is very well made although showing signs of age now. However still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Spent £3 each getting in here after spending £10 to get in an attraction in Bodmin the day before and this knocked spots of it... Nice little model village,,, most of them seem to be disappearing,,, and the legends animation was great... Well worth the admission...

1  Thank rosuab
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Used to come on family holidays to Polperro every year as a child and a visit to the Model Village and Land of Legend was always tradition, perhaps more than once per holiday!
Was so nice to be able to take my own daughter there. She loved it! I know it's a small attraction and it perhaps could do with a little more TLC but for me, seeing it unchanged from when I was a child was part of the appeal.
The prices are fab, £3 per adult and £2 for children, although as the man on the desk gave my daughter a 50p for the train ride at the back of the model village I suspect it was even cheaper than we thought!
There is a really interesting video and photograph display at the back about the flooding in Polperro over the years which we found really interesting.
The Myths & Legend show at the end was a little scary for my daughter (I blame the UV lights) but she still loved it!
The man running it was really friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble!
Would always go back when in Polperro.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2017

A lovely little amusement, cheap to get in and a real trip back to the old days of simple enjoyment. No high tech computer wizardry just lovely little houses, singing in the church. Joy for little ones and memories of our childhood for us older ones. There is even a 'show' on leaving which gives the history of Cornwall. Old fashioned maybe but old school fun and simple enjoyment. Give it a try.