“Quaint wee place”

Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2018

On Thursday on my visit to Polperro I visited The Ship Inn located at The Ship Inn Fore Street for a drink and thought it was a nice wee quaint place to relax for a drink. I really liked it here and would recommend it

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Because of the hot weather we decided to eat outdoors.We ordered a sea food platter to share which cost £15.95

We had to wait one hour for the food to be delivered to our table and when it came it was all in batter and much of it overcooked. Part of the meal consisted of small pieces of cod in batter. I took a bite out of one of these only to hear a loud crunching and grinding noise.

Out of my mouth popped my front tooth!

Needless to say we did not eat much more of the meal!

Visited my dentist this week and I now have a £256 bill to pay!

I don't think we will be eating at The Ship Inn again!

Somehow I

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

It isn't a gastro pub like some others in town but doesn't pretend to be. The staff were great fun and the food good and sensibly priced. Great music, dog friendly and unpretentious.
Worth mentioning that there are few places providing pizza in Polperro, those at The Ship were by far the best ie proper thin crust and not heavy. Will return.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

My wife and I ate here one evening when visiting Polperro and whilst friendly, the food - whilst enjoyable - was very disappointing in its presentation. I had the ham egg and chips, which basically came out as a plate of chips with 2 rashers of ham on top and a couple of broken fried eggs on top of that. Not quite how I was expecting it to be presented, in fact I rather felt it had been "thrown on the plate" (even though it was nice to eat).
A shame, as with a little more care in presenting food, they might get more (returning) customers.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

England v Columbia in the world cup and I'm on holiday! So we found a corner in the Ship Inn, ordered a pint and a barcardi and the fun began. From being northern strangers we became incorporated as a 'regular' for 120 minutes, + penalties. The noise was thunderous. The opinions were multitudinal. The hugs when the penalty went in were everywhere. Oh and there were several more beers & bacardi. Lovely pub and not just because we won.