“Fantastic food and a warm welcome”
Review of Nelsons Restaurant

Nelsons Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Polperro which is so worth a visit; it's described as a little hidden gem, which it certainly is! We visited Nelsons on a Saturday evening we did book as we walked past at lunch time and enquired and they were full apart from a 6.30 slot which suited us fine! I had crab bisque for staters which was truly amazing and one of the best bisques I had ever tasted, I also heard another customer saying the same.. for mains I had lobster, I was offered a size and price guide. It was served simply with garlic butter but equally as amazing the starter! We had our children with us, they offered a great children's menu and my son had a children's fillet steak. We didn't have desert as we were so full! A truly lovely experience; the staff were lovely and looked after us; it's a nice upmarket traditional restaurant. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Phiuth

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Lovely restaurant in a lovely village. Fabulous food!
Read reviews before we arrived,so decided to go as it sounded good,we weren't dissappointed.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I stumbled across Nelsons last night and had a most delicious meal served by very friendly and attentive staff.

Carrot soup followed by Crab Mornay for me and Creme Brûlée. All fantastic.

Quirky, interesting decor. Just an all round pleasant experience.

1  Thank Lowerj
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We visited here for dinner on our last evening of our holiday, and very pleased that we did! The staff were friendly and attentive, which was only a small part of an exceptional evening. The food was divine, all four of us cleaning our plates! My daughter particularly like the soufflé dessert and we conveyed our compliments to the chef and staff. Highly recommend this restaurant. Thank you for finding space for us at quite short notice. Excellent!

1  Thank tracyeparker
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We have had two family visits to us this week and chose Nelsons for both evening meals.

All of us came away totally impressed with what we ate and the service was first class as usual.

All of our steaks and fish dishes were absolutely superb.

We are so very lucky to live so near this gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank teens71