“Always a warm welcome ”

The Singing Rooster
Ranked #5 of 192 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Polish Cafe & Restaurant. Lunches and evening dinners. Homemade traditional Polish cusine. Delicious homemade desserts.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visit here as often as possible. All the staff are always so welcoming and really make us feel at home. The restaurant is always immaculate and beautifully decorated. We usually alternate our favourite dishes, I love the Golabki and the roast pork, it's so tender. The side salads are so tasty and the perfect accompaniment. Portion sizes are generous so I can't always fit a dessert in but it's hard not to when the coffee Pavlova is available. Yummy! Will be visiting again this weekend for my birthday. Excited!!

1  Thank Jo S

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We needed an early evening meal before going to hear Chantel McGregor sing at the Acorn Theatre. James and I were given the warmest of welcomes. The restaurant is full of character, very quaint. We both had the Traditional Bigos with sauerkraut (Polish hunter’s stew, a dish of finely chopped meat and smoked sausage stewed with sauerkraut). It was perfectly cooked, full of flavour and served with mashed potatoes and a shredded cabbage, side dish, flavoured with dill. When my plate arrived I thought I would never eat it all but it was sooooo delicious that I ate everything. James had a dessert equally delicious, I was too full. Thank you both for a lovely evening meal.
It is not licensed so you need to be aware that if you want an alcoholic drink you need to take your own, we enjoyed a non-alcoholic beer.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After reading very positive reviews, I decided to take my visitors there for an evening meal. The young waitress could hardly be bothered to come and take our order and wasn't very friendly. The food was o.k but my pork dish tasted very reheated. We had to go to the counter to order a dessert, as we weren't visited after our meal by the waitress. Perhaps the staff need some training in customer care.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I went here for dinner and all the previous reviews were spot on! From the very first moment the owner made us feel welcome.

An absolutely amazing meal. Traditional Polish dishes in every way ( generous servings of quality food ). We had entree and main and didn’t order dessert as we were so full! The dessert looks great however.

We had such a great meal we wanted to show our appreciation and leave a small tip. ( meals are incredibly well priced ) The owner didn’t want to accept this at first and after us insisting, we were sent on our way with two pieces of GF cake.

My wife has gluten and dairy intolerances and this wasn’t the slightest issue at all.

Our only regret is we didn’t get to go back for another meal!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stumbled upon the singing rooster and was so glad we did. Initially I was disappointed when I saw the vegetarian option as 'salad' but never underestimate a polish salad!! I was recommended the spinach and gruyère tart which was one of the specials...with 'salad' Oh! My goodness, it was delicious. The portion size was generous. The depth of taste was gorgeous and the salad was not your everyday limp greens and a few tomatoes, it was infact a meal in itself. I finished off my meal with the mango mousse, which again was different to what you would normally expect from the description. The desserts are modern art show stoppers which you would expect from a top end restraunt. You can taste the passion and love for the food here. The atmosphere was relaxed, inviting and friendly,as we chatted with both the owners and the table next to us. The finishing touches did not go unnoticed.

We will be visiting our polish restraunt in Plymouth on our return from our holiday and hope that it is of that standard!