“Disappointing”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

After reading good reviews of The Navy Inn, my sister and I booked a table for eight o clock. We were a little early but our table was ready and we were able to eat a little earlier than planned.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and extremely obliging. However, I was quite alarmed to see no vegetarian options on the menu which were suitable for me.
I had to have a cheese salad and new potatoes after having cheese fondue for starters. Hmmmm! But my sisters fish and chips were lovely apparently and beautifully presented.
The waitress was very pleasant despite the fact that she seemed rushed off her feet as it was very busy. And there wasn’t a great deal of room to move.

More veggie options would be good hence only three stars. But the pub is very nice and staff very friendly.

1  Thank Grace R

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We went on our first night in Penzance and will be back again soon. The menu is really good quality pub food but made special. Steak pie with lean well cooked steak and side of cabbage and bacon pluschunky chips was appreciated by hubby and I loved the chicken in wine mushroom and BlackBerry sauce was superb. Family had one of the specials - meatballs and pasta, excellent. The beer is well kept and house wines great quality. The team are friendly helpful and nothing too much trouble. Managed pudding too and modest but good choice which we made room for. Will be back ASAP xx

1  Thank June H
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We ate here a couple of times during our stay in Penzance. It was close to our accommodation, but we went in because it looked very friendly. The food was good & we loved the service. Yes it is pub food but it was really wonderful & when we are travelling we like to eat in pubs. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank MYH136
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We booked for 16 people with no notice and and while they had to split us on to two tables, the staff and the chef coped brilliantly. Great fish pie, crab and sea bass .. and really friendly pub with staff who really cared that we had a good time

1  Thank Janeinplymouth
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Happened to look at the menu outside The Navy as I was deciding where to eat. The landlord was stood outside and was very welcoming so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I made that decision. The food was clearly freshly cooked and delicious. The service was efficient, friendly and welcoming. Thank you.

3  Thank LadyChez69