US$124
US$80
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$111
Hotel Sunnyside Newquay(Newquay)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
  • Breakfast included
The Atlantic Hotel(Newquay)
US$295
2,289 results
All reviewsfistral beachsea viewdune restaurantbay barrelaxation roomeconomy roomrose petalswelcome drinkfull body massagerobes and slippersfree standing bathlovely hotelbirthday treatsauna and steam roombalcony roomlovely touchstandard room
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Our stay at Fistral Hotel was as part of group tour. We had no complaints with our room which had a beautiful view of Fistral Beach with a balcony but as we had paid extra for such a room, we would have been very disappointed if it was not nice. Our disappointment was with the food and service we received while there. As my husband is a coeliac, we had contacted the hotel previous to our visit to ensure that they were aware of this condition and that the food would be appropriate for him. We were assured that there would be no problem. I am afraid that was not the case and as a result my husband was quite sick during his time there. Apart from dealing with my husband's condition, food served on the whole was very disappointing for a 4 star hotel. Also service left a lot to be desired, breakfast was very hit and miss (running out of butter and asking you to eat Flora instead) not enough servings bowls available etc are just some of the issues. Being told dinner was at 7 and not being served till after 8 o'clock was another issue. On the whole, the hotel was a major disappointment. Will not be recommending it to anyone. Perhaps if you were not travelling within a group, these issues would not arise but that should have no bearing on the level of service etc, provided in a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Would advise speaking to hotel re room as some were quite small with no view at all.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank barbara502015
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Barbara502015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay.

I am sorry that you had reason to be disappointed particularly regarding dining at the hotel.

If you were able to get in touch with me directly then I am sure that I would be able to do something to leave you feeling more positive about your experience.

My personal email is manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk

Luke Ball, General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

After a long 8 hour drive we arrived at the hotel to be greeted by the lovely Hayley who sent us straight through to the Bay Bar where she brought us a free complimentary drink and sat and explained checking in and all the hotel facilities
We were put in Room 312 which had a stunning full view of the sea
The room itself was large and bright with a giant bed and I was in heaven upon walking into the enormous bathroom with an amazing stand alone bath also with stunning views of the sea and beach
We decided to stay close after such a long drive and dined in The Dune Restaurant
Amy was brilliant, friendly and cheerful and the food was absolutely delicious
Our first night we slept straight through the night (it was so quiet considering there was a coach party staying) and awoke to the sound of the waves and a stunning view (we left the curtains wide open all night)
I didn't go down for breakfast Tuesday morning as I was nursing a slight Chardonnay hangover ( I blame Amy) but my husband disappeared for over an hour.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we went out every day and upon return every evening ate in the Bay Bar. The meals were enormous but delicious You have to try the Bay Burger and sweet potato fries !!!
Wednesday I opted for the Chicken Burger without the bun and was pleasantly surprised when it was brought out with a salad, Thursday we had toasted Ciabattas
Breakfast choices were plentiful and as my husband opted for cereal, toast, yoghurt and fruit I quite happily tried the Eggs Benedict or Eggs Royals
While using the hotel as base we visited so many places Looe, Polperro, Paignton, Torquay, Newquay, Fowey to name a few and after eating an evening meal we were very happy to collapse in our very large comfortable bed after a long soak in the bath while looking out at the surfers
AND we can't wait to revisit
The food is delicious, the room amazing and the staff are fantastic
Thank you to Hayley, Amy, Jason (also the young man in the apron who served in the bar - no name badge ) and not forgetting Mary who all made our stay the best holiday ever Thank You

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melody T
FistralBeachH, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear 'Melody T'

Thank you for your review of your time here with us at the hotel, i am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Its great to hear how many of the staff made your stay extra special and your time here all the more memorable.
I will be passing your comments on to the team and the people mentioned specifically.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Warm regards,

Cherish and the Fistral Beach team

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The hotel has a great view out over Fistral beach. It is modern and the rooms are clean and well appointed. The highlight is the Spa with pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. We had treatments in the Spa, expensive but very professional and relaxing. The restaurant food is very good. The wine list is a bit of a disaster. It seems to focus on wines priced at £40 -£60 a bottle. If you work hard you will find a page headed wines by the glass that has more reasonably priced wine, and indeed it can be bought by the bottle. Not sure if this is incompetence or a marketing ploy. The wine quality to price was still the worst we found on this holiday. I have just checked out Chateau Musar - £24 in Waitrose retail, £73 in the hotel. Quite a mark up. If the screw tip rioja we had for £28 cost them more than £5 they were robbed. I don't mind paying for wine but these days good wine is not expensive and there is no need to serve inferior quality. That said this is a quality hotel and a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carl P
FistralBeachH, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Carl P,

Thank you for your review and your lovely words about our rooms and spa. We take great pride in offering professional and high quality treatments and we're so pleased you enjoyed them. Thank you for the feedback on our wine offering, there is some good insight we will be sure to pass on to our Bar and Restaurant Managers.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Second visit to this hotel and again it has been a great stay. Service and spa are particular highlights but the best thing is the beautiful view. Recommend getting a sea view with balcony room and go when the weather is on your side.

Room Tip: 3rd floor sea view with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Surinder T,

Thank you for your kind review, we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we agree, nothing beats our spectacular sea-view over Fistral Beach. We're glad you made excellent use of your balcony.

We look forward to welcoming you again when the sun is back out.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I took my girlfriend for a surprise spa retreat (she only knew when we got to the hotel!) after a very busy and stressful few weeks to show her how much she meant to me. The hotel, staff and facilities were outstanding, nothing was too much bother & there was a smile with each interaction. We will definitely be coming back again!

Room Tip: Book a sea view room...you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Stuart B,

Your words are music to our ears, thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review.
We look forward to welcoming you both again in the near future.