2,390 results
All reviews fistral beach sea view dune restaurant bay bar relaxation room economy room welcome drink rose petals full body massage robes and slippers free standing bath lovely hotel sauna and steam room birthday treat balcony room standard room amazing views
Reviewed 1 June 2015

Room was comfortable and sea view lovely. Cleanliness was great throughout.
Situation overlooking the beach had great views but was quite a trek into Newquay town.
Food was good and the staff were attentive.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

Dear Sue T

Thanks for the lovely review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I do hope that you will be able to return soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel, I would definitely recommend it. Clean, beautifully kept, stunning location and friendly, helpful staff. It is well worth paying to upgrade to a room with a sea view. We were really pleased that we did. Spa facilities were good, nice pool.

Stayed: May 2015

Dear Cristina S

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am delighted that you will be recommending us.

I hope you will be able to return soon, be sure to book direct to take advantage of our loyalty club.

Luke and the team

Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

After 'attempting' to book several rooms for an upcoming visit to Newquay I had a call from a perfectly pleasant member of the team who had been asked to enquire as to the nature of the booking and subsequently asked if I was willing to cancel, wanting to understand more and see if we could reach a resolution she attempted to put me through to the general manager who was not at his desk and I was told he would phone back. After hearing nothing I gave them a call the following morning but the manager was not in until the afternoon so this time he did manage to phone back. Unfortunately I was told that my booking would not be accepted with the manager unable to provide a reasonable reason other than "company policy". I'm disappointed with the way the situation was handled overall and will now have to look elsewhere in order to try and get something arranged.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
7  Thank Chris G

There are a few key facts that are missing from this review. The reason this group of gentlemen were not allowed to book is because we do not allow stag parties at our hotel. This was made very clear by the member of the team that first dealt with the enquiry and again by myself so for Mr Gow to state that he was not given a reasonable explanation is completely untrue.

Rest assured that if you are planning a relaxing spa break at Fistral Beach Hotel your experience will not be disrupted by a rowdy stag party.

Luke Ball

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

This should be a 5 star review. It was let down by the restaurant service, more on that later.
The hotel is in a cracking location. Literally overlooking the beach with a road that would be very quiet without coaches and surfers, and dog walkers. (not that road or people noise is a problem, not at all). A walk along the path across the road from the hotel is along some lovely coastline.
Our long weekend visit was a birthday treat for my girlfriend, and as I mentioned this via email when I booked we had two arrival treats. Balloons, chocs, and a card for my girlfriend and an upgrade to a balcony room!
The room is well equipped and has a lovely bathroom. It was lovely and warm, a little too warm at night, but for me that is far better than being cold. In the day it was nice to have the sliding door open for air.
The spa is lovely, smallish pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The showers in changing room are equipped with shampoo and body wash and a lovely multi function shower. Useful lockers too. Only ommission was no spinner thing to spin dry most of the water out of your swimwear.
We had a full body massage booked for both of us at the same time in a dual room, which is nice. Two very young looking but accomplished girls were our hostesses. I have to say that the massage bed was the most comfortable one by a long way that I have ever been on. Usually I cannot get my chin or neck comfortable face down but this was perfect. And heated. Top marks here.
The bar is not overly inflated like some on price. Though need to keep an eye on who does your spirit measures as mine were quite stingy on the hand filled measures. Not actually filled.
We had breakfast and evening meal each day during our stay. The food is lovely, well presented and delicious.
The service in the restaurant is where they let themselves down. A lot of the serving is done by very young girls, at least one is definitely in the wrong job. Pleasant enough, but forgetful. One evening meal the jug of water never came, so I asked, but it was still forgotten. Got that from a more senior woman.
We order white wine, we got red.
Starters wrong way round.
Mains delivered to another table. And thought we ordered other items that we did not. Deserts wrong way round.
And inevitably, the bill had things on it we never had.
Most meals something needed prompting as it was forgotten.
Only small irritations really, but letting what would otherwise be a 5 star service down.
Our last dinner was very good really, only the wine list we asked for was forgotten this time. We managed to get wine just after the starters came. Other than than that no problems.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and obviously disappointed that we let our selves down with service in the restaurant.

I hope that you will consider us again in the future, be sure to book direct to take advantage of our loyalty club.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Perfect girly weekend. The food was sublime, the room calming and beautifully decorated. The staff couldn't do enough for you ( my compliments to them all) and don't even get me started on the massage! 90 mins of pure bliss.
And as for the views? Amazing.
And to finish it all it was just such good value. Definitely going back there.

Room Tip: Go for a front, beach facing, it doesn't happen all year round but it was seagull nesting time in May and they were very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Craggscrazycaper

Dear Craggscrazycaper

Thank you for the fab review. So pleased you enjoyed your girly weekend with us!

I hope you will be able to return soon and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards