“Always happy with visit”

Porth Beach Holiday Park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here 3 times so far and loved every time, both with my family or in a couple. The facilities are clean and modern, walking distance from Newquay and watergate bay, the pub over the road is very convenient too. Staff are always helpful and security are always present! Reasonably priced for camping (haven't stayed in a caravan) and I will definitely be staying again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Porth Beach Tou... P, Manager at Porth Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi. Its good to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and thanks for taking the time to leave your 5 star review. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Porth Beach Holiday Park

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first visit to Porth beach and I wasn't disappointed.
On arrival we were greeted by lovely polite staff. We found our pitch easily and we were very happy with the location and size. Water taps were located everywhere which was brilliant.
The shower blocks and toilets were fabulous, I'm sure I read somewhere they were award winning and I'm not surprised. I didn't use the launderette but I did take a look. £5 but it uses its own detergents so you don't need to take your own. Dryers were £1. The leaflets in the launderette gave plenty of ideas for days out.
The elsan point was second to none. Clearly well maintained.
The beach was across the road, perfect for the family to enjoy. Also across the road was a lovely little pub with a great menu and smashing food at a reasonable price.
I was going to say, like another review, that the only thing missing really was a convenience shop for essentials like bread and milk. However I have just seen a response that says the small coffee shop at the end of the car park supplies these items, but I wasn't aware. We drove or caught the bus (bus stop also at the end of the car park although they don't seem to stick to the timetable) up into town to asda or aldi for supplies.
There are some amazing walks with amazing views around the area, seals were even spotted stalking fishermen.
My 6 year old says 'this is the best campsite ever'
Only thing that let us down was the weather but that is out of anyone's hands. I would also make sure it wasn't festival season next time I visited.
Im pretty sure my family and I will be back again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi. Thanks for leaving such a great review and its good to hear that you were not disappointed with your first visit to Porth! Sounds like you had a great time especially your 6 year old spotting seals!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a friendly and relaxed campsite. Nice balance of tents, mobile homes and motor homes/ campers. Facilities are clean and well maintained and the location is perfect for access to Watergate Bay or Fistral and the other Newquay beaches; all walkable. Smart shop and coffee hut as you exit which are worth a visit.

Have been many times and will definitely be back. If there's one drawback it's the lack of an onsite shop for milk/newspapers etc, but maybe I just haven't found it yet!

Suitable for families with kids of all ages. We managed to get a couple of camping spots adjacent to each other which is great if you're with all the family and looking to cook/eat together in the evenings. May go for three units next year if I can talk more of the family into it...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi Dean. Many thanks for taking the time to review our site. Its nice to know you found us to be in a perfect spot and we think you should get talking to the family and get 3 pitches next year!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

In the past eleven years we have spent our holidays 10 times at Porth Beach Holiday Park. Why? There are several reasons. Its location is perfect - the sea is just on the other side of the road - a picturesque bay with a sandy beach. Newquay with its shops is within a walking distance and you can enjoy the view during your walk along the coast. You can also easily walk to Watergate Bay along the coast.
The Holiday Park is clean, tidy, quiet and patrolled at night.
The caravan (Avonmore) we hire is spacious enough, there is ample storage space and fully fitted with central heating, a dishwasher etc. The master bedroom has its own en-suite toilet and there is a king-size bed (a must for us). You can park next to your caravan, which is also a great asset.
The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bela S
Porth Beach Tou... P, Manager at Porth Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi. WOW Ten times in eleven years!! Brilliant to hear you have had so many good times hear and thanks for leaving such a great review. Fingers crossed you can make it eleven out of twelve next year!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The site was very clean and well looked after.
The showers could have been cleaner - but we are right by a beach so sand should be expected.
We had a two berth caravan and I did feel our pitch and the others were quite close to the roads. It would be better to have larger pitches.
There was not a lot of noise from other campers and the children on the site were all well behaved.
The major disadvantage of this site (and Porth) is that there is no where to buy basic provisions. We would have loved to have been able to buy bread, bacon, milk, wine (the essentials!) without having to drive into Newquay.
The tapas bar at the entrance to the caravan park is fantastic. They don't allow children, but do allow dogs. It was a really nice relaxed environment and I would recommend it too.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Porth Beach Tou... P, Manager at Porth Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi Clair. Many thanks for leaving taking the time to leave your review. Unfortunately the main shop in Porth has closed but the coffee shop just outside our park does sell basic essentials such as bread and milk. Its worth looking to see if a larger pitch is available next time as we do have several very large pitches which would give you some more room. Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal at the tapas bar and hopefully we will see you again soon.