Open today: 08:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Could do with a clean

Great pools and great flumes that you can take the young children on. The staff were ever so... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Benjibug
via mobile
Good under fives session

Visited today for the under 5’s session with two adults a three year old and one year old. Parking... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sab-Lilly
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Newquay
from US$58.30
from US$206.10
from US$77.80
More Info
All reviews fun pool family changing rainy day shallow end changing rooms are hippo slide proper swim separate pool metre pool family swim main pool big slide young child only gripe changing area great fun children love
Reviewed 22 February 2015

Whilst on holiday in Newquay we had 1 day of torrential rain so tried water world-specifically for the fun pool and flume. We arrived at 10am to a slow moving queue with only one cash desk so took half an hour to get in, only to find A4 bits of paper saying the flume was out of order. We said did this mean a reduction in entrance fee but was told no. Our 6 year old still wanted to go so we paid the ridiculous price if £18 thinking it might still be fun. Changing rooms-not enough cubicles and dirty. 'Fun pool' cold, packed so couldn't move about, full of floaters. Poolside dirty. 25m pool freezing. Spent an hour shivering in there but overall it was appalling and wouldn't touch it again with a barge pole. Extremely disappointed with the facilities to say it's in a popular tourist area.

4  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

Hugely disappointing! Toilets smelled of urine, floors disgusting and hadn't been cleaned for hours and faeces on the floor by the nappy bin. Only one flume open, pool crowded and cold. I could think of many things to do with £23 for an hour than this?!?!

3  Thank SPARKSK
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Visited Waterworld in Newquay 19/2/15. I have to say I was very disappointed. I had to wait to get in, one of the slides wasn't working and the water was cold. I also thought that it was expensive particularly as there was no reduction due to the broken slide.
The changing rooms were dirty and cold. I had to wait for a cubicle to get changed as there is no communal changing area. The hairdryer cost £1 per use...(which I think is excessive) and there was nowhere to hang my belongings.
I doubt very much if I will use the facilities at Waterworld, Newquay again.

2  Thank JoMD27
Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

Having read some negative posts about this place, I have to admit I was sceptical. I am pleased to say that I thought it was a great place. It was clean and well equipped. The large flume was sadly out of order but there were plenty of interesting floats to play with and the boys loved the water canon.
All in all, great value and even managed a few lengths in the 'adult' pool to finish.
The changing rooms are a little draughty and showers are limited in numbers.
A great place for the money! Enjoy

Reviewed 3 January 2015

We normally go to the Ships & Castles at Falmouth, but wanted a change of scenery. Hendra at Newquay was closed til March so we ended up at Waterworld instead. There are only about 8 family changing rooms which isn't enough so we had to hang around for one to become free (I had everything packed in one bag so not easy to seperate). There are 2 pools, one for lane swimming and a fun pool. We only visited the fun pool. It was a fun session so not sure what else goes on in that pool. There is a small pool side slide, a small flume and a bigger twister flume. At the shallow end is a snake thing that spews out water. We were disappointed to find out, unlike Ships & Castles, they do not provide floats which we normally need as our 6 yr old can't swim and likes the reassurance they give her. Apparently this is down to cost. Plus no wave machine/river run. We still had a good time, and our daughter enjoyed the flumes. For some unknown reason there was lots of bits of chocolate muffin floating in the pool!! Was a bit concerned it was something else at first. What put me off more were the clumps of hair dotted around the pool side, couldn't they be swept away or picked up? What is nice is that the deep end is only 1.2m so not terribly deep. We had a good time but missed the lack of floats/wave machine. Changing rooms were clean so no gripes there.