“Stag do activity SUP”

SUP Cornwall - Private Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: SupCornwall offers stand up paddleboading and regular surf lessons in Newquay and around Cornwall. Flatwater and stand up paddleboard surf lessons are available for individuals and groups. Beginner and intermediate, group and individual surf lessons are offered. Academy of surf instructors (ASI) accredited. Paddleboarding is excellent fitness and a great way to see Cornwall. We cater for all from the superfit looking for an adrenaline rush to people looking for a leisurely paddle. Supcornwall also offers a number of paddleboard tours around Cornwall. We also have Paddleboards available for rental for half a day upto a week.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The main man Lee organised for himself and two other instructors to look after our group of 12 (although 2 would have been sufficient- this didn't alter the cost). On the day, the wind was too strong to go out in the big waves however it made no difference to the fun we had in the protected spot chosen. With a range of ages (67 being the oldest, 20 being the youngest), we were all able to have a great time and we spend more time on top of the board rather and being rolled in waves as is the case with standard surfing. At less than half the price of go karting, as an experience it was spot on and perfectly run. We started with the basics and then ended up with a group race between 3 teams which meant that our competitive side of us came out as expected. Everyone ended up falling in at least once and it is a great stag event. Next time I am on the coast I will definitely try some waves! Lee and the team were relaxed and pitched it just right and this was a great component of a very messy weekend. By the way the hangovers did not get in the way of the fun and gave a great excuse for us falling off the boards. SUP is a great stag activity that fits the bill...Thanks Newquay and SUPCornwall.

1  Thank Justin716

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had a SUP lesson with Lee from SUP Cornwall yesterday afternoon. We went to the stunning Gannel Estuary which was the perfect venue for a beginner. Lee is a really friendly and laid back guy and my session felt more like 2 mates going for a paddle than a lesson. I quickly gained my confidence and was trying different paddling and turning techniques in no time at all. I have taken up SUP as a fitness/flat day fun activity. However, Lee's enthusiasm and passion for the sport combined with excellent tuition has boosted my confidence and a whole new realm of disciplines within SUP'ing are now a very real possibility. I will definitely be returning for more coaching from Lee and SUP Cornwall!

1  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Had an amazing couple of sessions with Lee and Tom. Couldn't have asked for more. Was such a surprise how easy they made it. After an hour I could easily stand up, paddle, turn, and fall in safely.
Glorious weather and beautiful scenery as well.

1  Thank Lizbeth1376
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I arranged an intro to SUP for me and two mates with SUP Cornwall and then on day two a paddle, we struck lucky with Lee big time. Lee, Nozza to his mates, is really passionate about the sport and clearly wants to do whatever he can to make sure that you come away with the same love of paddle boarding. He has a great teaching style and is very encouraging, working with each individual to get the best out of them, he's very good at mixing things up so that the learning is fun and never tiresome. You certainly feel in safe hands as he passes on safety tips and guidance and watches out for your well being. We had a great two days and I have no doubt that I will use Lee again whether for SUP or even surfing.

1  Thank MattJOsborn
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Totally brilliant introduction to Paddleboarding…. we're hooked!! Our instructor Lee was professional, easygoing, patient and attentive to each of us. We took an early eve session in newquay harbour, where we were first greeted by the local seals before entering the bay. We had a wonderful paddle around the bay, checked out some of the coves and I even managed to surf some waves by the end of the session! We're already booked for a second session..can't wait!!