“Excellent tutor and great lesson”

SUP Cornwall - Private Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: SupCornwall offers stand up paddleboading and regular surf lessons in Newquay and around Cornwall. Flatwater and stand up paddleboard surf lessons are available for individuals and groups. Beginner and intermediate, group and individual surf lessons are offered. Academy of surf instructors (ASI) accredited. Paddleboarding is excellent fitness and a great way to see Cornwall. We cater for all from the superfit looking for an adrenaline rush to people looking for a leisurely paddle. Supcornwall also offers a number of paddleboard tours around Cornwall. We also have Paddleboards available for rental for half a day upto a week.
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great introduction lesson and very helpful and professional tutor, hope to use you again,
cheers Lee, Paul in Devon

1  Thank pdjsimo

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We had a 'taster session' in the beautiful Newquay Harbour and absolutely loved it. Lee is a thorough, fun, supportive and patient instructor. I certainly plan to get back on the water soon!

1  Thank BeckySampson
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We took a "couples" paddleboarding lesson with Lee - Amazing 2 hours. Will defnitely go back.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

It was my first ever time paddleboarding so I booked two one-to-one lessons with Lee. He was a fantastic instructor - very calm and knowledgeable, and made the lesson loads of fun. We went out on Porth beach which had perfect conditions for learning, pretty calm waters to learn techniques and also some surf, which was so much fun! The weather wasn't great but it didn't dampen the mood, and the sea was a lot warmer than I was expecting.

Lee was very patient, despite my lack of upper body strength! And made sure I felt confident in the water. He made sure I understood the basics and taught the skills in an interesting and practical way. The paddleboarding was brilliant - a really fun way to spend the afternoon - and catching my first wave was amazing!

For the second lesson we went to Loe beach, in Feock, which is a peaceful harbour surrounded by beautiful landscapes. In the second lesson I was taught how to better navigate the board, and better paddling techniques. Again, Lee made the lesson lots of fun, and made me feel really confident. He is really easy going and makes you feel very comfortable whilst also encouraging you to progress and improve your style.

I highly recommend SUP Cornwall to anyone interested in learning paddleboarding and surfing skills, or anyone who just wants a fun afternoon trying something new and different. It was a fantastic experience!

1  Thank MrsKnoxville
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We went to a gorgeous bay, where the water was still and the scenery beautiful - perfect conditions for us learners. Lee had a lot to take on with our rowdy group, but was very engaging and adept at getting us all in line, going through instructions and safety points before we hit the water. He also managed to get all of us standing up - and as we became more confident he was great at directing us how to improve, ensuring to spend time with each person in the group, for individual support.

I would definitely recommend him to anyone considering lessons, and will be in touch with Sup Cornwall myself on my next trip down!

2  Thank Lulu B