All reviews porth beach no lift heated pool lovely hotel jamie oliver's restaurant sea view the main hotel flights of stairs cornish breakfast cooked breakfast short break lusty glaze mini break booked this hotel enjoyable stay night break room was spotless
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

A beautiful place to stay. We stayed in an apartment for a week with family & were extremely satisfied. We are definitely coming back next year.
The apartment had everything we needed & kept lovely and clean.
A lovely hotel with a bar & restaurant, nice warm pool & very helpful, polite staff members.
Ideal location with lots of beaches and views. Some nice walks.
We visited Padstow & St Ives which are lovely places to visit. Just a car journey away, not too far. Overall a wonderful place to go, everyone is so friendly & a great place for dog owners.. I’ve never seen so many dogs :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is a lovely hotel with a heated outdoor pool. The rooms were clean and the beds were lovely. I slept so well here. The conservatory was great to sit in, have a drink and just look at Porth beach. Breakfast was good with both a full Cornish breakfast as well as toast, cereals, fruition etc to help yourself too. Had a wonderful short break here and was so sad to leave.

Room Tip: Room 15 is a lovely single room and would request it again. Has view of the beach and headland. Room19 has a view of the pool.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank julesie1
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

So just to give some context , we are a family of 5 and this was the first time ever i have booked a UK holiday due to our newborn son. I was really apprehensive as this hotel is 3 star and what you pay for in this country as opposed to what you pay and get abroad is on a much larger scale in every way. That said, I booked this hotel as it had what looked like a nice family room with bunk beds. Travelling down from Yorkshire , we checked in around noon as the room was ready. Outside of the hotel looks lovely, very quaint and pretty. Our room was amazing. Based on the 2nd floor I carried my luggage up as no lift but that adds character to the building . Lovely spacious room. Kids loved the large space as they have at home and abroab in big hotels. Location was pretty much on Porth Beach which was great, car parking spaces were there which I was worried about even in August. Pool was Greta, heated and spacious enough, kids loved it. Was closed on our last day for repairs but that’s out of the hotels control. The room had the most amazing powerful shower, not sure what they are like in normal rooms. Only had breakfast which was delicious , all staff are nice, special shout out to the cleaners who are friendly and made a fuss over my daughters and son. All in all, a lovely break in Newquay and st ives as the hotel is based centrally to travel around. Loved our first time to Cornwall and the kids said it was one of their best holidays so thank you to the hotel and to staff as I know they wouldn’t have enjoyed it unless it was this good. Will book again if we come down this way again, may look at the apartments and villas in ten hotel grounds as they looked amazing as well. Wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Tracy K, Sales & Marketing Manager at Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you so much for your postive feedback and the time you have taken to give a really detailed review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and it will give me great pleasure to share your comments to our team at the hotel.

We strive to maintain high standards for our modest 3 star grading and your kind comments are reassuring to read.

We do hope you decide to return to us again and as you'll be aware, we offer a 20% return guest discount for subsequent bookings for stays in the same calendar year.

Thanks again.
Kind regards
Tracy

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Booked a 3 night short break in Newquay ..found this gem of a hotel ...wasnt disappointed .
Had room 26 on the 2nd floor with lovely views of the rear garden and Porth beach . The room was clean and bed was zip linked into a massive bed which was very comfortable . Bathroom had a lovely large shower which was very welcome after a busy day .
We had breakfast included with our stay and wow we couldn't of asked for better . Teas and coffees , continental buffet to choose from ..fruit juices..numerous cereals incl porridge .. pastries..cold meats and cheese .. yogurts and fresh bread to toast yourself . Then came cooked breakfast which you order at your table .First morning I had full Cornish traditional which had best ingredients and was gorgeous...they had specials each morning including smoked kippers ..smoked haddock ...omelettes with choice of fillings and smoked salmon which I had with scrambled eggs yummmm...we were served on all 3 mornings by Sally who was very friendly and helpful and always had time too chat even though she was really busy . Nothing was to much trouble for her ..thank you Sally .
We didn't have evening dinner but the menu looked lovely with a good selection with an early bird menu before 6.45pm..
My only negative I had was the restaurant shut at 8.30pm and when I asked if we could order bar food ..only crisps were available ... maybe chips..sandwiches could be offered ??
Overall the hotel was excellent all the staff were friendly and accommodating and nothing was too much trouble .
The hotel was on the outskirts of Newquay in a quiet area.
We will be returning very soon and maybe get in the inviting swimming pool next time ...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jamie R, General Manager at Best Western Porth Veor Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, these will be shared with the whole team!

We're lucky in Cornwall to have such amazing local food and drink available for our guests to enjoy!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and please call direct so we can ensure as returning guests you receive the very best rates available!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

My wife and I spent a week at the Porth Veor Manor Hotel and very much enjoyed our stay there, having booked a Double Room with Sea View.

The Grounds at the back of the Hotel were of good size and the heated Swimming Pool located towards the front of the Hotel was if anything a little too warm especially with the hot weather.

The Hotel was very comfortable with a Bar, Lounge Area and a Restaurant that afforded views across Porth Bay.

All the staff were very friendly and most helpful!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple