All reviews seaside hotel tolcarne beach coach party an update single room town centre night stay dance floor pleasant stay budget hotel cooked breakfast tea and coffee making facilities bus stop bit dated full english breakfast pool table lovely room
Reviewed 10 September 2018

only stayed for 1 night early sept,to start we arrived early,left our cases behind reception because too early to book in,we went off for walk within half hour they phoned me to tell me our room was ready,great ive never had service like that before,large size room at back of hotel ,bed comfy,large size bathroom,bar area ,pool table,opp beach which you can get too via path

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tash50
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The hotel has off road parking and is ideally located for Tolcarne beach and the town centre. If you want to catch the bus in the bus stop is right outside on the opposite side of the road strain will take you around newquay
Rooms are good clean linen and good bathrooms. Breakfast again is good....a selection of cereals yoghurt and fruit. Full English breakfast and choice of menu for dinner.
Staff work hard and are extremely helpful.
Great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.....breathtaking!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon W
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel needs a refurb desperately could be something special.
We was kept awake by other guests till gone 3am slamming doors ect . Rooms were not clean on arrival dirty bathroom floor which included hair and sand debris.
No water for guests in rooms so first thing i had to do was find a shop as bar wasnt open as i have to take regular medication . Beds was terrible one of the single beds actually bends in the middle where it was broken . Furniture was holding each other up and kettle leaked very badly hazord for kids or anyone who has arthritis ect .
Someone staff really need training ine of the reception staff was so rude i asked for 2 pillows a iron and ironing board he told me very blunt and sharp i can get the iron and the ironing board from reception myself even though i have multiple sclerosis. He took us up 1 pillow and then we later asked another reception staff member who brought it up to us stright away and couldnt help enough . Waiting on staff are exactly the same sometimes you can wait ages to be served or you get breakfast served so fast you have no room on the table for anything and your hot food is left going cold because your eating cereal . It could be so so much better .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Was after a central hotel for an overnight stay as attending a wedding at Newquay. As we did not use all the hotel facilities I cannot comment in them, the hotel has seen better days as looking tired. Parking can me hit or miss if you get a spot outside as only about 7 spaces. However they do supply a permit for off site parking.
The hotel staff were helpful and rooms were clean, however the rooms are old and tired. Bed was clean & comfortable, nice and quiet for a good night sleep. I would not stay more than one night, so ok just to get your head down depending on price!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Vanessa H, Guest Relations Manager at Cliffdene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave your positive feedback it was pleasing to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This hotel is ok for a short stay. It's rather dated but the room was comfortable and clean. The entertainment was not my cup of tea and was loud in my room, however it did only go on until 10.30 or 11 each night. Great to have a parking spot right outside, but these are first come first served, I never had a problem getting a space midweek in June.

Everyone is requested to leave their key behind each time they left the building (for fire regs apparently). I was assured there would be someone on reception at all times, but there never was anyone. Had to search the bar/restaurant for a member of staff everytime I came back, particularly awkward when the rest of the residents (all coach parties I think) were being served dinner.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family