4,284 results
All reviews the cottages terrace restaurant samphire restaurant fistral view courtyard room storm watching main restaurant four poster bed hotel facilities dog friendly hotel beautiful hotel self catering relaxation room stunning views cream tea steam room overlooking the sea
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We stayed in Lifeboat 1 cottage for this 3 night stay trip. This was our 40 odd stay at the hotel and cottages.

As always the cottage was in immaculate condition. Marilyn and the team really do do a fantastic job in maintaining the very high standards at the cottages. And, as always we were met by a very warm welcome.

We normally come down to the cottages in May but bought this forward as we are caring for a very ill relative and just needed a few days away at our 'special place'

We were very low key but did have an early supper in The Terrace. Tibor and his team were most welcoming and we really enjoyed the different style of food offerings.

We enjoyed the dressed crab and gorgeous fried chicken (these descriptions really do not do the food justice)

My wife thoroughly enjoyed a 'hot stone massage and pedicure' - just what the doctor ordered in the circumstances.

Would it be possible for the cottages to have a few pint glasses and perhaps highball glasses as the ones they have at the moment are not practical for different types of drinks?.

As always, we remain faithful to the hotel and cottages but really wish our long term commitment was rewarded.

Steve & Jane Colley

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
W-Pheby, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Steve and Jane
It is lovely to see that you have enjoyed another much needed break in one of our beautiful cottages. Yes Marilyn and her team do a wonderful job in keeping them immaculate and you can always rely on a very warm welcome from Marilyn herself as you know. Thank you for your very kind compliments about our food and service and I am so glad that Jane had a reviving hot stone massage and pedicure. I have passed on all your comments including those about the types of glasses available in the cottages.
I do hope your relative's health improves soon. Our very best wishes to you all.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We stay in the cottages twice a year for storm watching,although everything was
Good as usual, we were disappointed in the bedroom the canopy had been taken
Off the four poster it looked dreadful I am sure someone could have come up with a
Better idea than just leaving the frame bare it took the five star away for us,also
As I have mentioned before the lighting to the hotel from the cottages is no where
Near adiquit and in my appinion dangerous

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
W-Pheby, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Mary
Thank you for letting us know your thoughts on your most recent cottage holiday. I am very glad to see that you found everything as good as usual, but I am sorry that you were disappointed with the removal of the canopy from the four poster bed. We are looking at lighting issues in conjunction with our present project. Your views are very important to us and thank you for giving your opinion.

We look forward to welcoming you back as always in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in one of the one bedroom cottages. There was a lot of work going on when we visited but this did not affect our stay. Checking in was quick and the staff helpfull.
We made our way to our cottage which made full use of the view of the sea which was breathtaking.
The cottage was functional and perfect for our stay.
Our three days was brilliant with a great base and great value for money. We will definately return.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
W-Pheby, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear Scott

Thank you for this super feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one of our five star cottages. I am also very glad that the preparatory building work for our stunning new pool did not affect you in any way. This work will cease in May and start again in the autumn. The final result will be a wonderful addition for our guests to enjoy and I do hope you will be one of them. It is good to see that you had a lovely three day break and many thanks for your compliments to our staff.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We visited and stayed 3 nights , the hotel is fantastic , lovely rooms , superior with sea view , however I think a side view of the sea might have been better , the staff on the main reception & throughout the hotel where very attentive , however I must comment on the restaurant waiting on staff that seemed to be very slow with service at breakfast , the breakfast Buffett wasn't always replenished after requesting either . The breakfast was ampul , we are in the restaurant one evening which was very good fresh food and slightly better service . Whilst visiting we had to work in a quiet area , staff where very helpful providing tea/coffees & fresh water ! Thank you ... the spa facilities are very good , totally relaxing ! We look forward to visiting again

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkDUK1974
W-Pheby, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Mark

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We very much appreciate your lovely comments about your room, our food, our spa and our staff. We have noted your comment about slow service at breakfast and I do apologise for that. I am delighted to see that our staff looked after you well during your working time in one of our quiet rooms. I am very pleased to see that you look forward to a further visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We love the spa at the headland. It has such a wide range of facilities. Is always clean and staff are friendly. Reasonably priced for non guest. hasn't been overcrowded when we been. Could use a couple more changing areas.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Belynda

Thank you for your very kind feedback about your visits to our beautiful spa. I am very glad to see that you enjoy it so much and I hope we will see you often in the future.