“Highly Disappointed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Seascape Lodge
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We arrived at Seascape Lodge only to find there was no parking as stated and had to park in a council car park. The room was dirty, with mould and hair found in the shower and no tea or coffee facilities. Other guests convened until the early hours smoking and drinking outside making lots of noise and when we asked Clare if she could maybe ask them to quieten down she accused us of smoking in our room when we don't even smoke!!!!
The Lodge is in one of the dodgier parts of Newquay with what looked like a squat directly opposite and noise and fights all night long.
This lodge is a hostel at best, and to be honest Newquay has much nicer and far better value places to offer. Stay away.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at seascape for a week with my partner and have to say it was one of the best places I have stayed in Cornwall. Clare and Andy were wonderful hosts who helped with all our needs when it came to finding our way around Newquay. The kitchen was wonderful, well equipped and very clean and tidy. The room itself was also very clean and tidy with a little wardrobe and chest of drawers which meant we didn't have to live out of a bag. The shower room again was clean and very pleasant to use. I have to say having read another review on here and being a "student who enjoys eating super noodles" but also being someone who is very clean and tidy I could have no complaints with Seascape Lodge and will be going back again. I would highly recommend it to my friends, family and others.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Came with a friend felt like a 5 year old got accused of throwing water and cigarettes out of the window, the owner came flying up and and banged on the door and said the water hit her on the head, to be honest who ever threw the water was probably cleaning the filthy window a, what aload of lies stay clear the room was awful and dirty wouldn't sleep a stray dog in it but everywhere was full so we had to put up with it travel lodge is lovely and half the price of there is like a hostel where travelling students would stay that eat super noodles not 30 year old professionals, it's a hostel not a hotel stay clear

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte4498
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Clare was absolutely brilliant when I enquired about booking and was kind and patient when I needed any advice, as this was the first time I had booked a hotel. She replied to every email I sent in a sincere and friendly manner and was very helpful when I spoke to her over the phone to pay.
On arrival my boyfriend and I were greeted by Andy who was incredibly welcoming and made an effort to speak to us about where we were from, our journey ect. He provided us with information about the area which was useful.
The hotel itself is a lovely, homely place, and looks exactly like the photos so you know what to expect. Although we did not use the living room/dining area it was very cosy and all the necessary facilities were provided - kitchen appliances, wifi password, iron and ironing board, a hoover and the option to pay for laundry.
The room was clean and tidy when we arrived, and was cleaned immediately after we checked out so hygiene is excellent. The room was a generous size and equip with a small TV, wardrobe, chest of draws and a bedside cabinet. The bathroom was slightly small but a large one would be unnecessary anyway. Toilet paper and a hand towel were provided.
Overall, the stay was incredible and the hotel was beyond what we expected. Generously priced as I paid £200 for 4 nights in a double en- suite room. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Absolutely lovely! Couldn't of chosen a better hotel to stay in! :) greeted lovely. The hotel was right near the sea. Basically bang in the middle of town which was so easy for us to get to. Beach was right over the othe side of the road!!!

Room Tip: Nothing, room was excellent:)