All reviews great location great western beach great place to stay room was clean train station town centre andy 24hr wardrobe fab
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Upon arrival everything seemed okay, it looked okay from outside. Great location very close to centre. The rooms weren't bad just cheap and cheerful. If you like paper bed sheets and i toilet you cant fit on this is the place for you. Theres about a 250mm gap between the front of the toilet and the wall.

It says on the description bed and breakfast, also tea making facilities. Don't be fooled, theres no breakfast and they don't even provide you a glass to drink water out of, never mind a cup pf tea! We didn't have any hot water for the first 24 hours (obviously very frustrating after sitting in a car for 6 hours) which they forgot to tell us about until the next morning after braving a cold shower.
Not very good, wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laney63, Owner at Seascape Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

When you arrived on Good Friday there was hot water overnight on the Friday/Saturday the pump failed on the hot water boiler, this being Easter Saturday, I phoned a plumber and the water was back on by midday.
This is self catering lodge stile accommadation and maybe you didn't know what you were booking for £25.00 per night.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Would definitely stay here again one of the best hotels I've ever stopped on.
Will definitely be stopping here again next time in Newquay
Host was lovely very welcoming
Rooms were very clean
All round amazing hotel

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2016

The room was cold and the beds old and uncomfortable. The room was very small for 4 people. The office was closed by 7.00pm and at least until 9.00 so we couldn't had breakfast or use the pool. The woman was very nice but the facilities unuseful.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Having just returned from a 2 night stay here, I would thoroughly recommend it. Me and 5 other friends wanted a 'base' for us to use while we went surfing and exploring around Newquay and its surrounding areas. The location is spot on, the owners were very accomodating and the rooms were exactly what you needed after a day in the sea and a few cornish rattlers!

Sure, its not a traditional B&B or plush hotel, but I dont think it ever makes itself out to be.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2015

I booked four nights here on the assumption that it was a traditional style bed and breakfast Guest House accommodation with a sea view. It was in fact a hostel-type accommodation with no breakfast just complimentary coffee the round the clock and a double-room on the first floor. I did not even bring my luggage in from the car and booked into a hotel elsewhere in Tolcarne beach.
The room was far too small for a double-bed and the so-called 'en-suite' was in fact a converted built-in wardrobe/cupboard with a shower and toilet hardly big enough to accommodate a leprechaun!
On the positive side the couple running the place were quite friendly and obliging and offer an adequate service to a clientele under 30, mainly surfers on a budget. Newquay was intended to be my base to tour Cornwall over four days @ £55 per night but I discovered that accommodation in Cornwall is now also very expensive. My mistake at the Seascape Lodge left me £100 out of pocket as well as having to pay £400 for alternative accommodation.
Booking.Com take much of the responsibility for me selecting the Seascape Lodge and in all honesty I believe I should have that £100 refunded without any fuss and further delay. The management of the Seascape Lodge also believe I deserve to have my money refunded.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laney63, Owner at Seascape Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

We are sorry you were disappointed. If you had read the full discription of the property you would have known that we have multi rooms therefore we are not a trditional B and B, and at no time do we state we have sea views, I feel this was a mistake made by yourself and feel it a little unfair that you have written a negitive review due to this. Cornwall is very much on par with the rest of the country price wise. I also feel Bookings.com can not be blamed for your mistake. Both Booking.com and ourselves have all our T & C on the internet therefore as you changed your mind you were not due a refund and infact we have a 28 day cancellation policy and you shoud have paid the balance of your stay but we decided out of kindness not to do this. May I respectfuly suggest that when planning you next trip from Ireland you do a little more reserch.