All reviews sea view sister hotel hydro pool sauna and steam room spa facilities lovely hotel large room buffet style sunday lunch amazing views coach trip hotel is situated short break east looe lovely room tea and coffee well worth a visit
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We were a large party that ate dinner twice at this hotel purely because three of our number were staying on a DBB basis. On both occasions there were disappointments in the meal with items not being served that were ordered. Also some fish portions were very meagre for the price charged. One would have thought that we were in a hotel in Alice Springs rather than on the Cornish coast! Not all the diners are doddery with small appetites...some want to eat a proper meal. The head waiter, Kevin was very good...shame the kitchen didn't back him up.

Date of stay: September 2018
Edward B, Owner at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

I am sorry that you had cause to complain.
It is very rare to receive adverse comments for our food and I wish I knew more about the problem you experienced in order to rectify what is certainly not the 'norm' here.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My wife & I spent a few days at this hotel. The room was spacious & well appointed with a magnificent view of the sea. The dining area is also in a prime viewing position. Staff were young but very helpful. Dinners were pretty good especially the fish which is taken locally. Tomatoes and poached eggs recommended in particular. It is a smaller hotel than it looks from the road but attention is personal. They picked up and delivered our luggage to the room which is fortunate because there is no lift and 39 steps to reach the room!! No one mentioned the ancillary services which are promoted in literature??

Room tip: all rooms seem spacious.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review which is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed here for just 1 night to have a break from our hectic lives ..
the hotel staff are lovely . The view from the room was stunning . The bed comfy and the breakfast was just what we needed after indulging in the vast wine list in the bar overlooking the ocean . I’d defo recommend this hotel to friends and family .

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review which we all much appreciate.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Hannafore Point Hotel had everything I needed - a friendly welcome for me and my dog, a clean room with luxurious sheets, fluffy towels and a new bathroom, free parking opposite the hotel, free entrance to the pool, a good choice of gins and great coffee and sea views at the bar and good breakfast with the important deal-breakers nailed - thick bacon, quality sausages and scrambled eggs done right. Dog and I ate in the bar as dogs are not allowed in the dining room which was fine by me.

As I did not need up to the minute decor and miniscule portions of expensive cheffy food stacked like Jenga, I did not miss them at all. Much refurbishment is discreetly being completed, my only gripe being the Wi-Fi dipped in and out and was slow.

I can recommend this hotel for a reasonably priced break with or without your dog.

Room tip: quiet front or back, the road in front is a dead end around the Hannafore point
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 6 September 2018

My daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights in a twin bedded, en-suite room with balcony and sea view. Our room was in excellent condition with every possible need catered for. Tea and coffee making facilities with various sachets of different teas and coffees to choose from, including small packs of biscuits. The bathroom was stunningly clean and shiny, with a wonderful rainfall shower over a very deep bath, perfect for soaking and relaxing in. Our balcony had a small bistro table and two chairs, and we spent hour upon hour just watching the fishing boats come and go from Looe. But the icing on the cake was the divine table d'hote dinner menu! The choices were exquisitely difficult to choose from, but we finally managed to make a decision. Being seafood lovers, we were not disappointed, although there were several other options, including vegetarian. The views from the restaurant were simply breathtaking, and the combination of excellent food, in a beautiful setting just added to our wonderful stay. We must mention the staff though, who made us feel so special, each and every one of them, from the restaurant staff, the reception staff, the bar staff, and the cleaning ladies. This hotel is flawless, and I will most certainly be booking again and again and again!

Date of stay: September 2018
Edward B, Owner at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.