“Generous helpings and a generous gesture”
Review of Trawlers on the Quay - CLOSED

Trawlers on the Quay
Price range: US$8 - US$53
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Trawlers on the Quay is an intimate restaurant located on the quayside of Looe Harbour. We specialise in seafood although our menu offers a range of alternatives and is updated regularly. The perfect environment for a relaxed lunch or a romantic dinner during your stay in lovely Looe.
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

A very good meal - we had prawns with scallops, which was a generous helping with several huge and beautifully cooked scallops, and the mussels which were in a tasty cream sauce and served with lots of crusty bread.
We also enjoyed choosing from the extensive selection of gins!

Service was friendly and informative, and we particularly appreciated that the manager made a very generous discount off our bill to apologise for an earlier booking mixup. This wasn't something we requested or expected, so thank you so much Trawlers, you more than made up for the problem!

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We ended up going to this restaurant as several other places we tried were booked out. We got the last table in Trawlers and glad we did. The food was excellent and we really liked the split pricing on the menu so you could have any of the meals as starter or main. We will be coming back next time we are in Looe.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

My best friend and I were really looking forward to a lovely lunch here today but feel extremely disappointed with our visit.

We ordered a few tapas plates to share but each ordered the smashed avocado with crab and could not wait to taste.

When it arrived there was lots of yummy crab on top of a thin slice of sourdough but no avocado in sight.

We brought this to the attention of the waiter but felt like he was trying to fob us off. Told us the avocado was in the crab dressing but it was white and not even a tinge of green/yellow.
We tried to raise the issue again and we were told it definitely has avocado in and it was mixed with the thermomix.

The menu clearly said "smashed avocado" nothing about a dressing.

We were more disappointed that we didn't feel listened too and so we quickly finished the rest of our food and left.

Oh yeah and it was £9.50 so felt quite ripped off, especially with the missing ingredient

2  Thank JoanneS1370
Reviewed 19 September 2017

What a meal , What a menu . Went
on the 14th September and had a superb meal . Fully recommend the Quail .
My Wife is Coeliac so choices can be a problem , but not here , looked after very well .
If you are in the area you should try it .
Very friendly and helpful staff .

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I'm struggling to understand why this place has got any good reviews at all when our experience was so bad. My friend and I booked a table here thinking that we were in for something special. We were - only not in the way we expected! The food was appalling, with undercooked (raw) mussels served with huge slices of raw onion and a sauce the consistency of skimmed milk. The scallops were tiny, not thoroughly cooked and served with a few bits and pieces that looked like they'd been added as afterthoughts to bulk it out. The only thing I can think of is that it was the chef's night off and someone else was having a go at cooking that night. When my friend complained about her food, she was met with open hostility by our waitress. Which brings me onto the service....

The service was simply dreadful, probably because the staff are little more than children. We had the misfortune to have a child waitress with attitude. She flounced around huffing and puffing at us as if we were imposing on her valuable time. She was downright rude a couple of times. This was when we decided to eat what we could, pay the bill and get out. The bill came to just under £70 for the two of us. Needless to say, we left no tip. Your tip is this - there are lots of nice places to eat in Looe - this isn't one of them. If I could award it no stars, I would.

6  Thank Cazaho