“Amazing authentic Thai food ”

Ploythai Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 262 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The food is as beautiful as the restaurant well worth a visit. Friendly helpful staff. You may need to book in advance for a table as always seems busy. Everything is authentic from the furniture to the food.

1  Thank chris t

Reviewed 14 August 2018

This restaurant proved to be a hidden gem. Just offf the main thoroughfare, on a small street leading to one side of the quay harbour, it sits amongst other restaurants. On entering you are greeted with smiles from happy staff, and these smiles never falter. They are present enough throughout the meal to attend to your needs, but not enough that they become intrusive. The meal itself was fantastic, my wife and I had one of the set meals for two people. It was an explosion of Thai tastes and experiences. The starter consisted of four different dishes, which provided a variety of tastes. You know how sometimes you could pick a number of starters that you fancy in a restaurant, well this menu satisfies this. After a break and a clearing of the table, we got the second course of Tom Yum soup. Again, a very delicious and satisfying dish. Then onto the main course which consisted of egg fried rice and three main dishes. Now you are probably thinking “ I bet these dishes are small”. Well I have to tell you that I am a big lad and enjoy my food, and these dishes were substantial. And delicious!! Thai green chicken curry, beef in oyster sauce, and a sweet and sour chicken. The whole meal was fantastic, and rather substantial (set meal B if you are interested), and I thought it was great value for money, particularly compared to London prices. Coffee was included in the menu, and unfortunately I had no room for dessert. We went with the in laws, and with a few of Singha beers, a bottle of Prosecco, and a great meal (they also had the set menu), we spent a couple of hours having a great time. The staff were amazing, and the food was fantastic. I thoroughly recommend Ploythai as a place to eat. The ratings stars below were not working when I submitted this review, so my rating is: 5 STARS for service, and food, and value.

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 12 August 2018

The food here is amazing. Very fresh, full of flavour and authentic. Our starters were delicious and served piping hot. There was just the right amount of time between starters and mains, not so fast that you feel rushed and not so slow that you lose your appetite. For mains course I like spicy Thai food especially beef with holy basil, and this is by far the best I’ve ever had. It wouldn’t suit everyone’s taste because it’s packed with chilli, but for me it was the perfect blend of fragrance and spice, the beef was mouthwatering and our coconut rice took the edge off the heat a little. Olivia, one of the sisters who run the restaurant, is extraordinarily welcoming and helpful which adds to the overall enjoyment of dining here. If you visit, take a good look at the tables and chairs downstairs, each tells a different story of life in Thailand and the craftsmanship is beautiful.

1  Thank Tracy W
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Upon walking in you are greeted with a fantastic friendly and warm welcome, this set the meal off to a great start. Excellent charming table service by the proprietress sets smiles all round. The food choices are really tough with a wide range of tasty options for all dietary wants. Having selected perfect spring rolls as a starter, just the right balance of fried wrapper and fresh inner ingredients, the mains choice was an equally hard call. Everyone said their choice was best! It was all so tasty, and plate raiding like seagulls swooping on an unsuspecting pasty was the order of the day. Overall, excellent food, a warm welcoming friendly service from the staff, and a lively fun ambience made for a terrific meal and start to the night. Thoroughly recommended!

1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Evening meal last night .... was really nice! ... They seated us fast, great vibes, The fishcakes were amazing! Best food I have had from a Thai restaurant, lay out was great, nothing to complain about ☺️

2  Thank sarakatelaroche