“Best chippy around.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 13 March 2015

Had cod and chips, great value for money. Beautiful thick piece of cod, all freshly cooked. The kids boxes are a brilliant idea, kept my grandchildren happy. Would definitely go back for more.

1  Thank Mandy R

Reviewed 18 February 2015

On a cold, wet Friday afternoon I went in search of a nice plate of Cod and Chips. I drove to Penryn's two shops first, no parking and then when I final get a space in the car park, the not very busy shop was "order only" for everything but chips..... so I drive into Falmouth town, first stop Harbour Lights..... packed with kids both sides of the counter, I think the servers were hanging out with their friends in there, next stop Ricks, no one wanted to serve me and last time I went in there the fish was a finger and the chips were re-fried cardboard.

So I gave up and started to head home, road works pushed be towards the Beacon and the top of Old Hill when I spotted the shop I had long forgotten from my childhood when I lived in that area.

The shop looked just like it did over 30 years ago and you would think it had only just opened, it was spotless. Cod, sausages, pea fritters and fish cakes were all ready to go even though it was coming up to closing time.

I made a special order of Haddock which was absolutely beautiful along with a pea fritter, chips and good old school curry sauce.

Everything tasted wonderful and was so much better than the slop and grease from other F&C shops in Falmouth/Penryn.

To top it all....... the price was amazing. Cod, Large Chips, Pea Fritter, Curry Sauce for TWO people £13

This takeaway deserves more reviews, however most people only write these reviews to complain, so that says something for Old Hill F&C Shop.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

My favourite fish and chip emporium in Falmouth. The proprietors are cordial and the fish is excellent. I have suffered too many places where the fish is poor, re-heated, and thickly battered (in batter that is half cooked). The fish here is fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My chippy of choice in Falmouth. Friendly owners and tasty fish, good curry sauce and chips always fresh and not reheated. Could say more but try them yourself. What more do you need?

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Have heard about this place, gave it a go, and def not disappointed. Whole family enjoyed the food, we will be back here soon on our regular visits to falmouth.