“weekend in Cornwall”

Fuel
Ranked #24 of 262 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fuel is a relaxing & welcoming cafe serving homemade, home cooked, locally sourced breakfast, coffee, lunch & dinner 364 days a year. We're open from early until late serving an amazing range of food & drinks including Cornish coffee, beers & wines. We're proud & committed to use only local suppliers & look forward to creating some lovely coffee, cake & comfort food on your next visit
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Great food and a fantastic service. Very child friendly.
A special thanks to Ellie for making our visit so great, we went again.

1  Thank Indy S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Since my first review of Fuel in 2015 we have returned almost every time we have visited the area. Unfortunately on our latest visit, whist the food was of the usual high standard the service, which we have usually found to be excellent, was very disappointing.
My daughter had a starter, which was served after about 15 minutes, then sat for 15 minutes before her plate was cleared. We then waited at least 20 minutes for our main courses to arrive, this on a fairly quiet Sunday evening. The food was excellent, as always there was a good choice for my dairy and wheat intolerant husband. He could not have the noodles which went with his dish (a delicious sticky belly pork) but the waitress offered to replace these with fries ( more of this later).
Having eaten our main courses we again waited for over 20 minutes during which one of the waitresses had a very long, loud personal conversation with another customer. Eventually, our plates still on the table, I went to the bar to ask for the dessert list. I was pointed to an ice cream fridge and glass case containing some quite tired looking cakes and told that there was no list, that was what they had. A far cry from the service on our previous visits!
Eventually the table was cleared and we asked for the bill. When this came I noticed that we had been charged for the fries which we had been told would replace my husbands noodles. When we pointed this out the waitress ‘snapped’ how was she supposed to know that when she didn’t take the order! Not my problem I’m afraid!
We didn’t make a fuss but there was no apology- even when my husband pointed out on leaving that we had felt the service was not up to the usual standard.
It’s a shame as we have always enjoyed visiting Fuel as we have done for breakfasts, lunches and evening meals on our regular visits to Falmouth. We have also recommended it to other people as a good place to eat, so feel very disappointed by this which will be our last visit.

1  Thank Janice P
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere for dinner in Falmouth and found Fuel. Very clean and good service. A great specials board. As a vegetarian I tried the vegetable bublr and squeak pancakes with poached eggs. Really delicious and different. Good prices would recommend.

2  Thank dawnsusan
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Important: don't just read the set menu, there's an extensive specials board inside!

Fuel is a fun, atmospheric, colourful and friendly place to eat with fantastic service.

Good value with fresh, beautifully cooked and presented food, the ideal place to eat in Falmouth.

2  Thank HolidayJus
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We visited the small restaurant in Fallmouth with out two youngest daughters and our dog. Unfortunately the place was fully booked but we could sit on the couches near the windows. Aftersales being send away with out dog at the neighbouring and opposite restaurant there was little choice. Luckiliy, because the good is good. We had the belly pork in hoisin sauce with noodles. Lovely.

3  Thank HarGootzen