“Just lovely”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Best thing were the staff exceptional service. We had a lovely view which I especially asked for in room 113 but Ive severe Rheaumatoid arthritis and the bathroom wasn't equipped, small shower and a mirror I could barely see in. No where to put toiletries without walking back and forth to bedroom. I hate complaining but when I booked I explained my difficulties. Saying this I would come back our experience in Falmouth was perfect.

Room Tip: Room above room 113 has very noisy floorboards
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Denise H

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience, I really appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to hear that the bathroom was not more suitable for you, please do feel free to email me directly ahead of any future visit so I can personally ensure your needs are fully met.

I'm cheered by your other comments, none more so than your kind words on the service provided by the team, it's frankly lovely to hear this.

I do hope we'll have the pleasure of your repeat custom.

Ben Young

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My latest visit to Greenbank Hotel encouraged me to book the No 1 room called the Lookout on the second floor. This is a totally new room and not available on my last trip.
I can only give this room a 5 star rating, the décor is modern with great touches, in nautical design. The room is large with balcony and two massive windows giving fabulous views of the harbour, there is a large and comfortable seating area with big TV and the bathroom ultra modern with a large enamel bath and double size shower facilities and fantastic auto floor lighting. The Hotel staff are all helpful, the restaurant was on top form as always and the breakfasts have a good choice from fruit and cereals to cooked English, the service is first class.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Harbour are a must and the Lookout Room 237 is the very best.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leslie B
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Leslie B

Thank you so much for your review.

As a returning guest it's particularly satisfying to hear how highly you rated your stay with us. Our new Lookout Suite is proving to be a real hit, having stayed in every room myself, it is my firm favourite too!

Your kind comments in regard to the staff and service really mean the world to us all, and its really highly motivating that the experience we strive to provide is aknowledged and appreciated.

We do hope you'll return again in future, we'd be delighted to again provide you with a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

The room was lovely with a new bathroom, great super king bed, comfy pillows and a fabulous river view.
The staff were amazing. Couldn't fault it.
Great coffee/tea tray and nice toiletries in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Sea river views amazing with huge window and nice chairs.

Dear SuzieQ186

Thank you so much for your lovely and encouraging comments, they really do put a spring in our step!

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel & room fine. Staff excellent. Restaurant limited menu. Parking can be a problem. Lovely view of the harbour from our room and the restaurant also the lounge bar, which did better food. Excellent breakfast

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guinness917

Thank you for your review, I am so glad that you enjoyed the stay with us and that in particular you found all the staff to be excellent - music to my ears!

I hope you'll consider a future revisit, it would be our pleasure to see you again at The Greenbank.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Just spent four nights celebrating our Ruby Wedding. Turned up on Saturday when a wedding was taking place and as such we had to park on the road some way from the hotel. On checking in Roschen at Reception issued a parking voucher and suggested we park in the garage which was a relief.
There has been a building here since 1640 and over the years it has been extended and modernised. This makes it an interesting challenge getting from the garage to Reception and then to our room. However the deluxe room was modern, bright and well equipped. The star aspect being the view over the harbour towards Flushing.
Dinner that night was in the Water's Edge restaurant which also looks over the harbour and keeps your attention to what is happening on the water. The service was attentive and the food was excellent. The menu was inventive and provided a well balanced range of food to suit all tastes including vegetarian.
Overall we loved the room, the view and the attentive, friendly staff who took a real interest in knowing why we were staying at The Greenbank. Special thanks to Roschen on Reception who looked after our every need and to Nicole in the Water's Edge who made our 40th anniversary dinner so special.

Room Tip: Go for the harbour view rooms. The deluxe are really good. You may want to phone ahead and see if th...

Dear Steve T

Congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary and thank you for choosing to spend it with us at The Greenbank.

I read your review with delight particularly your lovely comments in regard to the service provided by the team, notably Roschen and Nicole - I have thanked them both personally for their great feedback.

I hope you will consider rejoining us for your subsequent anniversaries and that there will be a very many of these to come!

Ben Young

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
1.7 km away
28.9 km away
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
28 km away
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!