All reviews manager neil ladies night wedding reception decking area wedding breakfast wedding venue peaceful setting function room sunday lunch the hotel manager a great week maenporth beach the cottages dietary requirements christmas party stunning views standard room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a single room for one night over the weekend and arrived to be upgraded to one of the cottages (|Hayloft) as there was a wedding party in the hotel. The receptionist was absolutely brilliant sorting out a room service menu and bringing it over herself. The one bedroom cottage was lovely, warm and cosy with all the amenities and I had a very good nights sleep as bed comfy and cottage very quiet. The grounds are beautiful and its a very peaceful place. Breakfast was plentiful with a choice of continental and or cooked and again quick service. The checkout was equally pleasant so 10/10 for service during my stay. The only small observation was that the breakfast room is rather drab for such a lovely manor house

Room Tip: highly recommend The hayloft
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2018

I stopped here during a tour of the UK coast. It is certainly one of the best hotels I have used during this trip. It is a lovely country house set in six acres of grounds. Dinner was excellent and the service first class. There is a very professional lady who runs the bar and restaurant area who was especially helpful and recommended a very nice gin with a quince flavour. Service in the bar and restaurant is second to none, despite a large party of tourists from Germany.
I wished I was staying longer.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Attended a wedding on the 1st of September the venue was stunning the room was done beautifully and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Food was great I had the wild mushrooms risotto which tasted amazing .
Great day all round

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Not bad value and room was big, if dull as very close to the large trees. I was in the "new" part of the hotel which is flimsy and very dated throughout, but functional nonetheless. Bathrooms are also dated but clean and the shower is the best feature of the hotel. Powerful enough to clean a patio. Loved it.

Breakfast was freshly cooked and good in the main, apart from the quality of the sausage. It was served in the curtained off function room so sadly a very drab experience with staff Alex Polizzi would have a field day with.

They make very poor use of the views this hotel should have (and would have had before they built a toilet block in front of the carbuncle of a function room where the views should be. The architect should be flogged at dawn for what s/he did to this fine building). There's a nice terrace in front for the views if weather permits. Just don't look back!

Good car park!

Overall it was OK for what I needed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited the hotel for a friends wedding yesterday (August the 4th 2018( and we were thoroughly impressed .
I use a wheelchair to get around and the staff were fantastic, making sure that I could acsess different areas of the hotel .
At one point the hotel manager even got a ramp out so that I could go down some steps independently.

Special thanks also to the catering team who prepared a wonderful buffet .

My partner is vegan and the amount of thought and dedication they put into her meal was superb.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends