All reviews manager neil ladies night wedding reception wedding breakfast wedding venue the hotel manager function room the cottages sunday lunch a great week maenporth beach peaceful location charming hotel dietary requirements very comfortable room christmas party self catering
Reviewed 6 March 2016

We stayed at Penmorvah Manor with our family and friends to celebrate New Years Eve. What a night we all enjoyed!

We arrived early and had booked to stay in a Cottage as we brought our lovely German Shepherd with us. She (Jasmine) was made very welcome, as were we and and Jasmine particularly enjoyed the treats left for her. Our Cottage was lovely and clean, fresh, warm and very well appointed and suited us just perfectly.

The Gala Dinner was a delight and we all commented that the service was slick, the food was beautiful and plentiful and the atmosphere was just right.

The Hotel Manager Neil and his dedicated team were on top form and gave us a fabulous evening to kick off 2016. We loved the fact that the entire team got in to the party spirit and joined in the dancing at the end of the evening!

Thanks to one and all for a great party and we all very much look forward to coming back to Penmorvah Manor very, very soon.

Room Tip: If there is something that you need, don't hesitate to ask, the team here just so happy to help.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank janet s s
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I had a fabulous overnight stay at the Penmorvah for my fiance's birthday. We took advantage of the dinner, bed and breakfast offer and were not disappointed. On arrival at the hotel we discovered they had provided us with a complimentary upgrade to one of the manor rooms.

Our room was large, clean and comfortable. As it is an older building, I found the room to be a little cold, but not cold enough to raise this with Amanda at reception (who was lovely!). The carpet in the room was so thick and soft, I felt guilty for still having my walking boots on when we walked in!

As part of our package we had a three course dinner, before which, the manager, Neil invited us to sit by the log fire (we only wish we had arrived earlier to make more use of it!).

Dinner was wonderful. We were able to choose between the set menu and a la carte which was lovely. I had the tomato soup to start and a chicken main, both were lovely, but filling. Our waitress, Pat, was excellent and was attentive without being overbearing.

I can't fault our stay at the Penmorvah. The staff exceeded expectations and did little things to make our stay that bit more special. Needless to say we'll be back - if we hadn't needed to be back in Devon that weekend, we would have asked to stay another night!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1000rachels
Reviewed 28 February 2016

This was a return visit the first was for my sons wedding in 2014 and this time for my grandsons christening.

Both stays were memorable a truly delightful hotel with lovely grounds and views.

The staff are excellent 'nothing is too much trouble' very able managed by Neil who is an absolute gem - a true professional and makes sure everyones needs are met.

The rooms are first class, very clean and good en suite with lots of hot water.

We had full board this trip for 4 nights and were not disappointed with the dinners - good choice of 3 for starters,main & puds on the 'specials' plus the a la carte menu for further choices all well presented and extremely tasty - top marks to the chef Jenny & her crew.
Good full English breakfast with hot plates and decent coffee too

Lots of relaxing in front of the wonderful log fires and a good book

To sum up this is a fantastic hotel on the outskirts of Falmoth,unable to think of any negatives to say, I will certainly return.

Neil and all your staff I thank you for making it such a very special few days.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed 24 February 2016

A quiet country manor hotel, away from the busy town, but within easy reach. After a very friendly and welcoming reception we were shown to our room which was very pleasant and comfortable. Lovely view from the window over the well established garden and lawn with the sea in the distance.Follow this by relaxing in the lounge and later enjoy a truly tasty, well cooked meal from the very varied menu. We stayed for a family gathering. From the beginning of our stay to leaving, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, -- always pleasant and helpful. MANY THANKS Neil Slade and ALL your staff for ensuring we had a weekend to remember.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Gillian B
Reviewed 18 February 2016

A couple of weeks ago I went to this lovely old manor house for my Masonic Ladies Night, and what a totally delightful and memorable experience it was.
From the time I arrived I was made to feel so very welcome and in fact `part of the family` so to speak.
Manager Neil Slade is a totally professional and personal man, who has created a strong feeling of `teamwork` with his staff. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone, and everything was done with a smile.
My room was spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable in every respect.
The way that the dining room was laid out for my dinner dance could not have been better, with circular tables giving plenty of room without anyone feeling pinched in.
The meal was fantastic, and was of excellent quality with plenty of it. Neils waiting staff did an excellent job with no fuss and with smiles on their faces.
For functions, the menu choice is very good and very competitively priced.
I am returning soon, and can totally recommend it to anyone organising a function, or just wanting to get away for a holiday or a few days.
Many congratulations to Neil for the way he has created something special, as I have said `a delightful oasis` on the outskirts of Falmouth.
Danny Gill