All reviews private beach sub tropical gardens bream valley room stunning gardens tree ferns coastal path gardens leading cream tea rock pools fudge the entire hotel dog friendly hotel lovely hotel lovely beach mawnan smith on arrival
Reviewed 17 June 2018

This was our first visit to this wonderful garden with rooms! We were not disappointed. We have never had such a wonderful welcome for us and our Sprocker Millie. The staff cannot do enough to make the stay a great experience. A well appointed double room looking over the lawns and garden, spotlessly clean with plentiful fluffy white towels in the bathroom. Complimentary cream tea on arrival; very well stocked bar and a great chef using local produce. A quiet relaxing break away: walking on the private beach or along the headland; exploring the local area finding hidden away pubs for lunch. Wonderful stay. Thank you to everyone

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the garden
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
gaye w, Owner at Meudon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I cannot praise this hotel enough. We have never stayed in a hotel where EVERYONE of the staff could not do enough to make your holiday perfect and I have yet to mention the food. We stayed on a DBB basis and every breakfast was of the first quality and every meal was outstanding and was much anticipated during the day . An example was I could not eat a cream tea during the day (too full from breakfast) so I asked if I could have a scone and cream for my desert . As they are served in the day I assumed there might be an odd one left. No a freshly baked one appeared and was delicious too. The room was plainly decorated but non the worse for that with every amenity. I had requested a walk I shower if possible and we had a fantastic one . The pictures of the garden speak for themselves . It is a truly fantastic hotel !

Room Tip: 28 if you want a good shower
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
gaye w, Owner at Meudon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Wow thank you for your review. I am so glad that you had a good time during your stay at Meudon. I am privileged to have such great staff on my side and as you say the place is really special.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Just returned from a 3 day stay at Meudon. Comfortable room that needed a little TLC. and updating including shower screen instead of curtain. Food excellent, staff very helpful and friendly and wonderful gardens to enjoy. Such a relaxing hotel and we hope to return sometime.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms for better view of gardens
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeni6319
gaye w, Owner at Meudon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your review. We do hope to see you in the future for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Loved this hotel- peaceful location, lovely big clean rooms. Breakfast wasnt the best we had as we stayed at a few places during our stay in Cornwall but it was nice enough. The staff were helpful and friendly. Didnt have an evening meal here. The best bit about this hotel was the massive beautiful out of this world gardens and private beach at the end. The gardens were like something from the jurassic world everything was so big, there was so many paths leading to different parts we didnt even see it all. I wish we had gone a walk again through it the next day and spent more time at the beautiful secluded beach but it was raining and we only had one night here. The best hotel of our stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank katiejane1978
gaye w, Owner at Meudon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. What a line best hotel of your stay!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Room 66 is the best room we have stayed in at the Meudon, very bright and comfortable, great shower room, and first class views of the garden.
Evening meal in the restaurant is first class.
Breakfast is of a high standard, everything that you can think of.
If you have any problems with anything during your stay the senior staff are only to pleased to help, ( Thanks to Gaye and her Great team )
Looking forward to next Stay.

Room Tip: Room 66 every time in the future for me.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt B
gaye w, Owner at Meudon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I agree room 66 is a lovely room you feel like you are almost in the garden. Thank you for all your kind words and we look forward to you visiting us again.