“excellent Thai food in atmospheric surroundings”
Review of The Thai Orchid

The Thai Orchid
Ranked #29 of 262 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2018

My wife and I visited with my daughter who we were dropping at Uni. Very friendly service. The food was exactly what I would expect from a good quality Thai restaurant. We shared a couple of starters and each had different mains ranging form mild to pretty hot in the case of the red curry based chicken I had.

The drinks were very good value compared with most restaurants in Falmouth :)

Very colourful "Thai" decorations. Wasn't sure about the incense burner adding atmosphere personally but hey ...

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant as another place nearby was suddenly unable to accommodate us that evening. Fortunately there was a late night spot for us as the place itself was amazing. The decor was gentle and calming and people who worked there were so exceptionally friendly and lovely that we felt right at home as soon as we arrived. We tried the coconut rice, one of the curries, the pad Thai pak and an amazing spicy prawn dish. The flavours were powerful, the vegetables crunchy and flavourful and the prawns were, as my girlfriend said that evening, ‘the best she’d ever had’.

All in all, an exquisite meal and a lovely, albeit unexpected, experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Very rustic inside. Good service, nice people. Food is good, not wow. Curries are amazing though. Eaten here couple of times and the deep fried starters tend to be heavy and overcooked which is a shame. I would recommend for a good Thai curry but don’t waste money on the set menu.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

On first appearance the decor is very homely and welcoming. There is a great choice of some really nice starters! The main dish I had, duck based from the specials menu, was really well cooked and gorgeous. Overall the all the dishes as well as the drinks are really well priced with it costing around £20 per person for a starter, main and drink. Would definitely return it was a really fantastic and relaxed experience!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We visited this restaurant last week and has a tasty traditional thai meal in a cosy environment. The food and service were good.