“Fantastic Shellfish in Unpretentious Surroundings”
Review of The Wheel House

The Wheel House
Ranked #1 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Locally, daily caught shellfish served in a relaxed and very friendly atmosphere.Customer service and enjoyment are our priorities open from 6.00Pm - 9.00Pm Wednesday-saturday
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Having visited this restaurant for the first time when we were in Cornwall last October, we made a point of booking immediately we knew we were coming down again. However, this time we treated ourselves to two meals within the space of four days.

It really is a great find - fresh shellfish, friendly staff and great atmosphere. They even made our Golden Retriever very welcome finding her sufficient room to lie down and a bowl of water.

I really can't rate it high enough and just hope that it remains the same. We certainly hope to return again before too long.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Fabulous food & menu at very reasonable prices, staff very friendly & helpful, one of the best restaurants in the country for fresh (Cornish) seafood

1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I booked for a group of 20 & the night surpassed my expectations. As soon as we entered, the ambience/vibe was buzzing and the service incredibly friendly and just really nice and cozy. We had a set menu between us, the extent of food was so vastt that we turned down offers of more. I had once or twice "tried" to eat mussels in my life, I tried here and they were superb so I ate lots of them and I most definitely will be back for more.

1  Thank Fee M
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Have been to this cracking little restaurant a few times now. Can't beat it.the food is so fresh you can visualise it swimming around the harbour only a few hours before eating it. There is nothing we dislike at The Wheelhouse.The atmosphere, the staff always happy and very helpful. I am a novice at dealing with spider crab but with the help of the staff I am getting very good at it. The lady who owns this place is Tina. A winning formula. Please don't change it. Can't wait to go back for my husbands birthday with friends on 6th April. You gave probably read other reviews please note no credit cards,cash only. It's number 1 in Falmouth and so deserves to be? if I could give more than five stars I would.

1  Thank Bingo S
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We have been coming annually for the last 5 years and this restaurant is one of the biggest pulls that we keep going back to Cornwall year in, year out. We absolutely love this place - the seafood is so fresh and treated with absolute respect. We took our little boy with us and he tried everything - scallops, prawns, lobster and crab - mighty tastes for a less than two year old. It was lovely to be recognised by some of the staff even though we only go once a year. I only wish it was nearer to where we live as it's our favourite restaurant in this country! Love it!

1  Thank Susan C