“1 star as zero isn't an option. Don't stay here.”
Review of Eden Lodge

Eden Lodge
Ranked #68 of 83 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“1 star as zero isn't an option. Don't stay here.”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I booked my parents a double room at the Eden Lodge for my Graduation last year. I was told that there was no need for a deposit to be taken and that we were to pay cash on arrival.

When we got to the B&B we were informed that they had no record of our booking.

We were then left to find another Bed and Breakfast at very short notice on one of the busiest weekends of the year due to the Eden Lodge's incompetence.

After franticly ringing round to find another B&B we found Heritige House which was fantastic.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
35 Thank daniel k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is a wonderful place run by truly warm people who are friendly and generous. When we arrived we were strongly urged by the grandchildren to have a swim in the large, heated indoor pool. Unfortunately we had no swim wear and I'd forgot my towel - no problem, Ziggy lent us some trunks and Lynn brought towels out for us! So within 20 minutes of getting there we'd had cream tea and a swim.
This level of hospitality continued day after day and was so nice it really was quite a pull to leave. I'm going back with my girlfriend as soon as I can. Living in Yorkshire it'll be a long journey but worth it!

Thankyou Lynn and Ziggy for such a wonderful stay. It was more than just another guest house, more being welcomed into someone's home and made to feel part of the family XX

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AhKin1
Hampshire UK
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We spent a week in August visiting a number of B&B's doing a tour of Devon & Cornwall. When we arrived at Eden Lodge we recognised Lynne and Ziggy from the Channel 4 show 3-in-a-bed (which rates B&B's). They were very welcoming and friendly. I am sorry to say that the bed was very uncomfortable and the decor is dated, we did however have a big flat screen TV, an en-suite and the room was very clean. The breakfast was the best one we had all week! A good pit-stop but perhaps expected a bit more for the money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmyVSmith
Bude, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2011

my mother, baby and i stayed here and they were really accommodating and friendly. we were in a nice room which was spotless when we booked in and the rest of the B&B was really homely and welcoming. we had a cooked breakfast but also had the option of fruit, cereal and freshly filtered coffee, i would definatly stay here again and feel it was worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dragor1987
England
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I started off on Trip Advisor looking for a B & B or cheap hotel to stay overnight in while we brought son and stuff back from University. This was the first one that came up - with dreadful reviews! To cut a long story short, after about an hour and numerous links to other sites, open windows etc, I booked what looked a lovely place through a different website. I thought I'd just have a look at the reviews on Trip Advisor and was horrified to find I'd booked the one I first saw. However, I thought, "Well it's only for one night..."

But it was absolutely fine!

Didn't see Ziggy, but Lynne was a wonderful hostess. The room was great. The bed was comfortable, the shower had hot water. The TV worked. It was perfectly clean. The full English breakfast - even on Sunday (for those of you who have seen there is no English breakfast on Sundays) - was absolutely delicious.

Yes, the place could possibly do with a bit of redecorating, and if you're the sort of person who wants all your crockery to match at breakfast then don't stay here, but it is 'only' a 2 star B & B. It doesn't claim to be the Ritz.

I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple