“Classy dining with a beautiful view”

Cove Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #17 of 262 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$53
Good for: Romantic, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled on the shoreline of Maenporth Beach, The Cove offers uninterrupted views across Falmouth Bay. A sanctuary from the bustle of reality, where you can enjoy lunch al fresco on the elevated terrace or wind down the day with the full dining experience. The Cove is an oasis of taste and visual beauty, easily one of the most picturesque spots to enjoy the real flavour of Cornish ingredients.
Reviewed 26 March 2017

The views from the outer dining areas of the restaurant are wonderful. We went for lunch with a dear friend who lives not far away. It's a very grown up venue although children are clearly welcome, sophisticated and elegant (felt a bit under-dressed but we certainly weren't treated that way by the warm & friendly staff). Having a potentially life-threatening crustaciean allergy it might seem bonkers to eat in a predominately fish orientated restaurant, however, the waitress took the news in her stride & my choice from the children's menu (macaroni cheese with garlic bread; delicious) didn't raise so much as a single eyebrow hair. My husband & friend opted for lemon sole & hake respectively which was beautifullly presented & thoroughly enjoyed. Accessibility for people with limited mobility might be a problem (check before going to be sure). I couldn't spot an easy acess entry point - there are several steps & there are no Blue Badge designated Bays in the car park. There is a disabled access toilet (so I presume there is a way to get in to the building), but I had an entertaining ten minutes when I found myself locked in (oh dear!) with no pull cord for emergencies, I toyed with the idea of using a handy lighter to set off the smoke alarm (no smoke alarm) as I didn't have my mobile but couldn't have got a signal on it anyway... Never mind, I was rescued before my 'party' had even registered that I was missing! This would be a lovely place for a special romantic balmy summer's evening rendezvous.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

The food was fresh and delicious, but what made the evening for us was the welcome at the door. It's so nice to be offered a cocktail before being shown to your table and it set us up for a relaxing and enjoyable evening. Recommended for couples.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Having visited on numerous occasions decided to try for Sunday Lunch. As always staff very friendly and welcoming, attentive, but not intrusive. We had the roast Cornish beef, cooked to perfection with superb veg. One Cherry Parfait, and one Panacotta to finish rounded the meal off. You did not feel that you have eaten to much but just comfortable, would recommend highly.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We were given the meal as a wedding present, what a perfect gift. Location is stunning, the decor is imaginative, lovely calm ambience with very attentive staff. The food is sublime....fabulous choice.....dietary needs catered for....the chef deserves a Michelin star....

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The food is amazing and cooked freshly. Lovely peaceful atmosphere and friendly helpful staff.
Highly recommended