1,968 results
All reviews the club lounge car park executive room city centre welsh hills excellent location reception staff lovely hotel leisure facilities race course hotel restaurant bar area bars and restaurants little touches saturday night my partner buffet style
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights in a double room. A very spacious bedroom with everything you needed for a relaxing stay. 2 minutes walk into the main pedestrian shopping centre, but nevertheless found the bedroom very quiet. Would recommend as you cannot get more central. Superb breakfasts with loads of choice. Couldn't fault the staff or cleanliness etc well worth a visit

Room Tip: Second floor facing the race course is edeal
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boatyman
gm_cpchester, reception at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Boatyman,

Thank you for your comments, all comments we receive are important and we use them to ensure we can better your next stay and every guest experience.

Thank you for your kind words,we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the city!

If there is anything you feel we can do for you do not hesitate to contact us directly on reception@cpchester.valoreurope.com.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday and decided to book a club room thinking it would give us a bit more luxury and, of course, access to the club lounge.

Check in was smooth but as an IHG Platinum member recognition was the bare minimum, but this is one of the reasons I’ve reduced my stays at IHG properties over the last few years. I spend around 180 nights a year in hotels on business and normally when you book a club/executive room with lounge access you can take breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant - not here. If you want a cooked breakfast you must pay extra. As if the club room is not expensive enough.

The room was OK, a bit tired, a bit small but clean and comfortable. A queen sized bed and a couple of chairs to relax in. There is a mini bar in the room but when I looked at the menu the majority of the items where not present. I mentioned this to the person on reception and when we came back from our room they had cleared the mini bar out completely - no idea why. The bathroom was clean and tidy but quite small.

The first night we went to the lounge around 17:20. The lounge is quite small but seems to be adequate. They serve canapés and drinks between 17:00 and 20:00 which is quite generous until you get there. You have a choice of soft drinks (but the fridge was quite often half empty when we went in) and then for “Cocktails and Canapés” time you have a choice of Becks beer, red, white or rose wine so if none of them are your tipple you have to question whether a club room is for you.

When we arrived there were no hot canapés left just a bit of cheese (cheddar or red leciester I believe) and some stale bread. Two empty bottles of red wine and the same for the white wine - but plenty of beer and rose.

After 10 minutes my wife used the house phone to call the team and ask them to re-stock. 15 minutes later another guest called. 10 minutes after that someone came up to replenish the alcohol and the cheese - not the hot canapés. Before she left the red wine was pretty much gone as there were around 10 people drinking it.

We spent about an hour in the lounge and when we left pretty much everything was gone again.

The next morning we went to the lounge for breakfast (served between 07:00 and 10:00 I think - it certainly finishes at 10:00 even at the weekend). The continental breakfast is rubbish. A few pastries in a warmer, a bit of fruit and some cold cuts that are not covered or kept cold. How they pass any hygiene inspections I don’t know. You can get coffe and tea but not even a toaster. This is probably one of the worst club lounges I’ve ever “enjoyed”. It is pitiful and really not worth the money.

We didn’t bother with the lounge again except to try and get some water or a cup of coffee. Went in 3 or 4 times - no still water and the coffee machine out of order every time.

I’ve stayed in many Crowne Plaza hotels in the UK and Europe and this ranks in the bottom decile and we won’t be returning as there are much better hotels in Chester that offer overall better value for money and comfort.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Divepetem9,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay the restaurant manager has been informed of your comments and will be investigating into this to ensure that the club lounge standards are what you and we expect.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Second stay here, great hotel in the heart of Chester. Staff very smiley and always on hand to help. The breakfast is superb every time and definitely worth the extra cost. Rooms are tidy and spacious. Would recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liamrigby28
gm_cpchester, Reception at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Liam R,

Thank you for your kind words,we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I came here for a 1 day investment seminar a few days ago, didn’t eat drink or stay here, so can’t comment on those aspects of the hotel. Really nice public areas, and conference room facilities with helpful staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Thebates22,

Thank you for your kind words,we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us however short it was!!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

After staying for nearly 2 weeks in February in a noisy room below the club lounge i was looking forward to a quiet week, whilst here for business. They booked me into room 201 - a lovely room which also had disabled hand rails etc, of no consequence to me. For a week i was continually disturbed by juddering, clunking, vibrating elevator cables - so every time the lift moved it vibrated into my room as it is adjacent to the lift shaft!! REALLY annoying and disturbing my sleep!!. My work colleagues and other guests commented every time on the loud lift every time they used it. I have no idea why it took them over 1 Week to fix such an obvious fault. On my last night 26 April - i encountered elevator repair men outside my room - and they have finally fixed the lift - so no noise!
However, whilst the gym facilities are nice and i use them regularly, i stepped out of the swimming pool in the corner behind the jacuzzi and as soon as i stood up my legs went from underneath me as the floor in that area was slimey and slippery like an oil slick - i went down hard and have a huge swelling on my hip - i am an athletic guy not an old biddy. The gym staff guy came out immediately and scrubbed the floor of the slime for like 15 minutes, even breaking the long handled scrubbing brush and had to change to another. I use gyms and the like at least every week so am very accustomed to potential slip hazard - being in the HSE business...but that corner was ridiculously slippery; he had to take extra care in his gym shoes whilst scrubbing. Unfortunately another disappointing week, when reception staff are so very nice and friendly. I am due back here in another 4-5 weeks............mmmmmmm

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
gm_cpchester, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Mr Huckbody,

Firstly, allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

I am truly sorry that you did not get the quiet nights sleep that you hoped for, and that we strive for each guest to have with us. I can assure you that the problems you encountered both with noise, and our leisure club, are not to the normal standard that we strive to achieve. I have forwarded your valued feedback to our leisure club manager for further investigation, and I do hope your hip is feeling better.

If you would be so kind as to contact me directly, prior to making your next booking with us & I can personally ensure you are well looked after during your stay. Including us allocating a bedroom in our designated quiet zone, to ensure you are not affected by noise during your visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us,

Kind Regards