Premier Inn Chester Central (South East) Hotel
Travelocity
US$122
PremierInn.com
1,201 results
All reviewsbrewers fayrepark and ridepetrol stationthe pubpub next doorfamily roomgood nights sleepcheshire oaksbus stopmeal deala short taxi ridecity centrebudget hotelmain roadexcellent stayreception staffbusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2015

Perfect mini break stay for my family (2 adults and 2 children 5 &1yrs). We were met with a very friendly welcome when we checked in. A lovely room with comfortable beds and next door to a Brewers Fayre which suited us all. Great location too - only 10 minutes from the zoo and city centre. Couldn't asked for anything better for a mini family break with the family.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2015

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst working nearby. Check-in was a bit slow, and there was quite a big queue building whilst a team member took a little longer than I expected (and wanted after a long drive!) to check my in. Having stayed in a brand new Premier Inn in elsewhere earlier that week, the Chester Central SE was looking quite tired by comparison. The rooms were large and had all the things you'd expect; comfy bed, tea and coffee facilities etc. and was generally clean and tidy. But there were a few things that really needed bringing up to standard. The rooms were hot (even in October) with no air conditioning and the windows can only be opened up a margin (presumably for safety and security), the bathroom, although clean, smelt a bit damp and everything just looked a little tired. The Brewers Fayre next door was efficient but it was also a little run down and noisy, plus the food wasn't quite as good as other restaurants associated with Premier Inn (Thyme, Beef Eater for example). If you are staying for more than a couple of nights you may want to venture into Chester to find an alternative but for 1 or 2 nights it was fine. Overall, I slept well during my stay so I can't really complain too much, but the place was definitely in need of a bit of TLC.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Stayed just the one night. Efficient check in / out by friendly helpful staff. Usual clean room and standard Premier Inn facilities. Could have done with some decaf coffee sachets in the room; my fault not asking for some!
The evening meal / breakfast deal at the Brewers Fayre next door was usual good deal though the service during the evening was a little slow. It wasn't explained to us that you had to place food orders at the bar so sat around for 15mins waiting for waitress to take order! Only one person serving behind bar and having to do everything; hence the service issue.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst visiting family in the area. There were 4 of us in a family room- myself and my wife plus 2 kids. Yes the rooms get overly hot, and the windows didn't open much, but I get that since it was a ground floor room and there's a need for security. I asked at reception and the girl, I think called Jessica, couldn't have been more helpful. She promised a desk fan and sure enough one appeared on the room on our return. I'm not quite sure what people expect- it's a Premier Inn, not the Hilton. The rooms are clean, comfortable and don't break the bank. The staff in the hotel and the Twirl of Hay pub were great. The one who decided to ride their motorbike into work at 6am and give it a good rev for good measure. ....I won't repeat what I called them as they woke me up !

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Stayed at this Premier Inn for the first time for 4 nights in early October. A very good and comfortable experience. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The room was very quiet away from the main road and, as it was a family room, with just the two of us, plenty of space. Couldn't of asked for more really. The Twirl of Hay pub next door catered well for breakfasts offering Continental and Full English. Staff friendly and efficient. Pub menu choice the usual fayre, service not quite as good a little bit slow but friendly nevertheless. Booking breakfast and or evening meal at the front desk of the Premier Inn seems to work ok. Overall would definitely stay here again if we visit Chester again. The Park & Ride is 2 minutes away and ideal for getting in and out of the city hassle free.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple