Lowest prices for your stay
US$73
Hotels.comUS$73
Expedia.comUS$73
getaroom.comUS$75
1,667 results
All reviews race course city centre beans free car park hot drinks the breakfast area free wifi excellent location yogurt few minutes walk no air con double bed couple of nights continental breakfast tea and coffee an overnight stay reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2020

Stayed here for the weekend,everything was fine room was warm and comfy,staff were helpful and pleasant,breakfast was different not a lot of choice for me but didn’t go hungry my husband was happy with the bacon & sausage baps also felt very safe with all the Corvid precautions in place ,had a great weekend.

Date of stay: October 2020
Lucy Edwards, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

I am pleased to hear that you experienced our high standards of customer service, I know the team will be delighted to hear these positive comments.

Reviewed 19 October 2020

This hotel has everything that you need for a short break very helpful staff allowing us to check in early and informed that we could check out late if required reception staff information in relation to local restaurants spot on.car parking is within the hotel facility.

Room tip: Overlooking the racetrack
Date of stay: October 2020
Lucy Edwards, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Reviewed 16 October 2020

This stay for us was all about the location and being able to easily walk into the city centre, which it 100% ticked the box.
We had a great stay apart from the double bed was to us a small double bed and the breakfast wasn't that organised/smooth, even allowing for Covid.
Re Covid, the hotel was very safe...

Date of stay: October 2020
Lucy Edwards, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Hello Thank you for taking the time to write review. We are very lucky to be located just a five minute walk from the city centre as you mentioned. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel breakfast was smooth, we have received many positive comments regarding the changes. We are adhering to IHG brand standards for Holiday Inn Express and Covid legislation currently in regards to breakfast. I am extremely pleased to hear that you felt safe as this is always of upmost importance to us, especially during these times. We hope to see you again in the near future. Lucy Edwards Revenue and Sales Executive

Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

Recently reopened. First time I have stayed. Exceptional staff, very efficient and friendly.

The most covid secure and clean environment I’ve visited during lockdown. Very highly recommended. The staff couldn’t do enough to help.

Well done Holiday Inn.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lucy Edwards, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

I am pleased to hear that you experienced our high standards of customer service and cleanliness, I know the team will be delighted to hear these positive comments.

Lucy Edwards
Revenue and Sales Executive

Reviewed 22 August 2020 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here, albeit for 1 night, as we wanted something on the cheaper side just for a sleep after spending the day at Chester Zoo before heading up to Scotland, we were VERY glad we booked here! Great price, all the staff were friendly, breakfast in the morning was good and the location was perfect, a tiny walk from the centre of Chester with all the restaurants and bars and round the corner from a perfect running route (Welsh Coastal Path), which I took advantage of the following morning. Would happily book here when visiting Chester again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pr1nc31
Lucy Edwards, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast.

Lucy Edwards