See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2014

The room was nicely decorated and the chocolate bars, drinks, etc left in the room are a nice touch as are the little goodies in the bathroom. However, we found the room to be a bit cold even with the heating on full. I appreciate this is a problem with old houses, but it did take the edge off our stay, as did the lack of a shower. The bed was also a bit soft for me, but I understand some people might appreciate that. The breakfast is excellent and I would thoroughly recommend it. The Homeleigh is handy for Chester Town Centre, which is an easy walk away. I would say all in all it was pretty fair value at the price and would consider staying again.

Room Tip: A bit of traffic noise in the rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2014

My hubby booked this cos he followed a link and did no research..thought that would be a disaster!
We went to Chester to see the Christmas market and have a bit of couple time. Homeleigh is situated a pleasant walk from the city centre, with ample parking ...as it was not in the centre, it made for a peaceful night, after walking off a great evening in Chester.
We didn't get to see Judy, but Colin was very welcoming and informative. In the rooms as well as coffee and tea( and plenty of milk) there were cup a soups and bottled water. Also...none of them pre packed biscuits......but delicious home made ones( in fact, I think Judy had been baking during our stay as the delicious smell was evident early evening). There were also some sweets...that I think would be homemade..but we aren't sweet people
At breakfast, there was home made granola, jam and marmalade. He had a cooked breakfast which he found tasty and freshly made.....there were also juices, fruit, yoghurt and cereals...oh, and toast. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the food while looking over the garden. If we'd gone in warmer times I'd have loved to walk round it.
This was a comfy place, not trendy( but with easy to use wifi !! ) and when we go to Chester again I can't see us looking at anywhere else to stay!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2014

Excellent place, good dietary understanding. Pet friendly, gorgeous little dog they own. Breakfast very good, free wifi. Can walk to the town in fifteen minutes or get a bus before 8pm. My room was a little noisy, but that wasn't too much of a problem as I was able to close the door to the bathroom where the noise was coming from.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2014

I stayed for 4 nights, a lovely B&B and homey feeling. Great fresh breakfast, many choices of fruit, juices, bread, muesli, and more! Beautiful garden and only a short taxi ride away from the city center.

Room Tip: The B&B has 2 steep stairs up and a stairs going down to other rooms. Wifi in the room fairly poor on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2014

After reading all the reviews and looking at the website my family and I were really excited to stay here. I booked two rooms through booking.com, one for myself, my 14 year old daughter and her friend and a second room for my son and his friend - both 16. We arrived and were greeted by Judy who checked our booking and said our rooms were on the top floor. I explained I had parked outside and we would get our things. The boys decided to go into town and the girls and I unpacked. Very nice room every attention to detail and little extras, we were very pleased. Without going into minutiae I parked in the wrong place and although this seemed to have caused a problem, no one came and knocked on the door and asked me to move it, instead they spoke quite aggressively to my son. Secondly, I booked through booking.com who classed the two girls as children but alas the accommodation did not which again caused an unpleasant interaction between the owner and my son. Feeling somewhat unwelcome, I offered to leave but thankfully Judy intervened and the matter was resolved. I have to say though, it did make my family and I very uncomfortable for the rest of our stay. I am certain that if you park in the right place and check the child age before you book, you will have a splendid time as it is very convenient for Chester, the breakfast if outstanding and the rooms clean and accommodating, although a shower would be more practical.

Room Tip: book direct and don't park in the wrong place!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family