1,546 results
All reviews business park park and ride swimming pool executive room sofa bed changing rooms family room evening meal would stay again city centre leisure facilities cheshire oaks booked this hotel good nights sleep gym motorway zoo
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Clean rooms , crazy one way system - change your signs to show the way properly please. Room was clean and comfy though . Pool was open and clean and jacuzzi pool also great . Advised to leave jacuzzi when not bubbling so it could clean which is great , if it’s enforced . We did leave it to cycle through but entititled nobber decided he was squatting for multiple cycles meaning other couples couldn’t use the jacuzzi as only 2 people if not in same household . and it ain’t getting filtered if you don’t get them out.Yes I know we are in Covid measures , and we are lucky to be away. However the restaurant experience was horrific . If you give a terrible photocopy menu to guests at check in and don’t explain the process that means you need a smartphone to actually order food , that’s bad enough. But when you use the godawful webpage and discover that a significant amount of what’s on the photocopy isn’t listed, well that’s just awful. Thinking about it the menu was just mainly bloody curries or pizza. Or things a chef wouldn’t be needed for so likely microwave cooking like ‘spoons I mean hotels not serving steaks , or fish n chips . That’s just plain wrong Covid or not.
I hope it’s not a whole Kew Green Group thing that’s going to ruin the Holiday inn brand in the UK, but I’m not sure I want to try another Holiday Inn to find out.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2020

Hello stevewI8810OL,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to leave us a review.

As our guest, we want to ensure that every detail of your stay is top notch. I'm delighted to know that you're pleased with the room allocated and the tidiness of our facilities. I am sorry to read though about your disappointment with your dining experience. We appreciate you sharing your comments and I have forwarded your feedback with the hotel management as a reference for the necessary improvements needed.

I hope you give us another chance and to not allow this isolated event to prevent you from choosing us again!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A
IHGService

Reviewed 18 September 2020

Stayed for 4 nights to use as base to explore North Wales and Chester. Hotel was clean and tidy operating one way system for COVID and wearing of masks in public areas. Staff were very positive and cheerful and good breakfast served everyday continental or English (Buffett served by member of staff). Only criticism is limited evening menu and similar room service offering with no healthy options. Swimming pool and gym available by booking in advance.

Room tip: If you like healthy options limited menu is an issue
Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed for business for 3 nights. The hotel has seen better day, the route to my room was old and tired and in need of decoration.

As for my 'executive room', I'd hate to see a normal room. The bathroom ceiling was disgusting with brown marks all over it, hairs left behind by the cleaner who attended everyday, with the whole covid thing you would think it would be spotless. The carpet had big stain marks on it, as did the walls of the room. Window safety locks broken.

It's one redeeming fact was the air conditioning.

If your desperate for a cheap place to stay and don't mind a hotel that really needs renovation then this is your place, otherwise stay well clear.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank cheesepetrol
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Hello cheesepetrol,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write us a review.

We always strive to provide our guests with the best hotel accommodations possible and I am sorry for the letdown with the overall upkeep of the room received and that you found the hotel needs updating. I understand this is not the seamless experience you're accustomed to. I have shared your comments with the hotel management and ownership as a reference to be considered when planning future upgrades of our facilities.

I hope you give us another chance to show how great out hotel is!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A,
IHGService

Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Arriving at the hotel your first impression might be it's not going to be good judging from the exterior (looks like an 60s Motel)
But as soon as you are inside the lobby your perception changes. Your greeted by clean modern decor and friendly helpful staff who seem to be proud of their hotel and will go out their way to assist you.
The rooms are clean , the bed is super comfy and considering the hotel is located next to a very busy road you cannot hear a thing so you will get a good night's sleep. COVID precautions are in place and are taken seriously. The only slight gripe I would have is the choice of food on their menu is very limited.
Would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

This should be a good review as the hotel has good leisure facilities and park n ride makes access to Chester really easy.
However the bed had roll together and we could hear baby crying at one side and an alarm going off I'm the night at the other. After two nights of no sleep we forgot to check the wardrobe where I left several items of clothes. Despite calling the hotel several times they have no idea what has happened to my belongings because a separate company does the housekeeping. What a shame for the sake of a decent mattress and some honesty this hotel would be a real value little gem.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2020

Hi matt123886,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. Although we have limited service hospitality, we strive to offer a memorable and inviting stay. It is a disappointing setback that you felt our services were not on par with the brand. I am sorry that our team was not able to address the issue efficiently.

We take feedback seriously and would like to gather more details to communicate this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate email and hope you respond soon.

Should you like to discuss this matter directly, you're welcome to contact our hotel at 44 3333 209325, or drop an email at frontdesk@hichestersouthhotel.co.uk.

We always challenge ourselves to be better and look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence.

Best Regards,