1,360 results
All reviewspark and ridebusiness parkswimming poolexecutive roomchanging roomshealth clubbar areasofa bedfamily roomreception staffbar priceswould stay againcity centreevening mealleisure facilitiesminute drivebuffet style
Reviewed 17 February 2016

1. I was told this hotel has an automated heating system when asked why the temperature throughout the hotel was unbearably too hot!
2. The rooms have no signal for wifi or telephone connection.
3. The bar lounge area has far too many wall to wall 50inch TV's and no area to relax In peace!
4. Slow and uninterested staff in the restaurant area with an order for tea not even correctly served!

Room Tip: good luck with the non existent wifi!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
AnneMarieHICS, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Dear silverstOne
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations, I have shared your feedback with the relevant Managers for their information and action.
We appreciate your candid feedback and hope that you may choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

We planned a last minute trip to Chester and booked this hotel the night before we travelled. We were pretty impressed when we stepped inside, the hotel has just undergone refurbishment and is smart and stylish. All staff we came into contact with were very friendly.
Our bathroom had been refitted to a high standard and the bedroom had everything you need. One complaint although the room had been redecorated the wallpaper was peeling in places.
The pool and gym facilities are both good and would recommend a visit.
We ordered food in the bar in the evening and the service was quick and the food good for fast food.
Wifi connection was fine and free of charge.
I would recommend this hotel and would use again if ever in the area.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WiseOwl89

Dear WiseOwl89
Thank you for your review, your feedback is appreciated and I have shared all your comments with our team.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest if you decide to visit Chester again.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely amazing. Staff very nice and helpful. The room we were staying at was freshly painted, the bathroom clean and modern with a great shower. Breakfast was beautiful, with a lot of choice, and tasty. Beds are very comfortable and big. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karolina M
AnneMarieHICS, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Dear Karolina M
Thank you so much for your fantastic review, which has been shared with our team.
We look forward very much to welcoming you back soon for another great stay!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

clean comfy room. great bed, not much room for clothes storage if your'e there for more than a few days. Staff friendly and helpful. Food good. Other guests very quiet, in fact it is restful place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
AnneMarieHICS, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Dear oasis053

Thank you for reviewing your stay and I am pleased you found the hotel to be restful and that you enjoyed your dining experience.
I hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

I stayed here at the beginning of January 2016.

Checkin was fast and straight forward and I was offered either points or drinks and a snack for being a Platinum member.

Rooms in great condition and provided us with a comfortable nights sleep. As I was a Platinum Member I was upgraded free of charge for an Executive room. Bar area provides a great atmosphere for an evening drink, the prices are reasonable. The restaurant serves good quality food and does an excellent breakfast.

The pool and spa area were quiet when I visited and I was able to use all of the facilities.

The town centre is approx. 5 mins in a taxi and cost about £5.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Dave5583
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, your feedback is appreciated and I have shared your positive comments with our team.

I hope it won't be too long until we can welcome you back for another great stay!