Higher Huxley Hall
  • Pool
US$122
US$101
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$113
US$92
PremierInn.com
US$221
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I booked this bassed on the reviews on this site and was not disappointed.
I arrived at this old house and shown into a very beautiful living room. Once I was signed in. I was shown to my room.
As it was a cold day and I was a little early arriving I asked if I could have a room with a bath and the owner hurried off and made upa different room.
I walked to the local restaurant Stuart's Table but had been offered a lift by the owner for a nice meal.
The breakfast was very nice.
Overall this stay was extremely good.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Welcomed by owner on arrival who also was most helpful with directions to where we wanted to go that evening.
Breakfast next morning was delightful served in a beautiful dinning room with period features.
Beautiful quiet part of the countrside with easy access to Chester, again helpful directions given by owner.
Best - Exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated, everything you could possible require in the room with the most comfortable bed ever.
No dislikes

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Spent a couple of nights here while attending a local football match so my partner had more time to take advantage of the tranquil location and ambience. Very peaceful and a top notch breakfast. Certainly recommend especially with the close proximity to Chester and all that city has to offer, close by, but a world away.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My wife and I stayed for two nights - I went for a track day at Oulton Park; it was very impressive right from the first moment we were greeted. The rooms are full of antiques and the house dates from the 13th century. An Elizabethan staircase leads to the beamed bedrooms. Breakfast was cooked for us at 7 am when we drove the 20 minutes to Oulton Park and an excellent pub/restaurant called the Farmers Arms rounded off an exceptionally enjoyable two night stay. It is set in lovely gardens and is a place we would wholeheartedly recommend for anyone staying in that area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We stayed here overnight in between practice and race day at Oulton Park- about 20min drive away.

The service was fantastic: when the owners heard we were visiting Oulton Park they left us directions, and also offered to book us a table at a local restaurant for the evening. Basically, nothing was too much trouble.

The room was excellent- huge, comfortable bed, a very complete range of toiletries, tea/coffee etc, a high quality TV with freeview, and free wireless Internet. Everything was spotless and worked and the room was quiet.

Breakfast was excellent too.

The Farmers Arms (about 15min walk away) does excellent food, beer, and wine.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple