“Very good food ”

Ranked #127 of 607 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the idyllic Cheshire countryside, The Shrewsbury Arms is a welcoming and family friendly public house.
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We are staying near by and we decided to have our dinner here. Our burgers were delicious and they even have gluten free. The staff were very nice to. I highly recommended

Laura H, Guest Relations Manager at Shrewsbury Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you MariaZozia for this lovely review, we're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Food is amazing here. Always pipping hot and fresh. The Sunday roasts are to die for. All done the old family sharing way. On platters to help yourselves. I would definitely recommend booking especially on a Sunday it can get busy. Children and dog friendly. A great beer garden and children’s play are. Also ample free parking. Staff are always very friendly and helpful. A definite must to see.

Laura H, Guest Relations Manager at Shrewsbury Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you SusanOldham 2013 for this wonderful review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited here a few times but I must say when I went this week I thought the food was very nice.

I had the lasagne and my partner had chicken and chorizo risotto along with a garlic flat bread. All dishes came quickly, were hot and tasted delicious.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and we would definitely return.

Thank you ALBManchester for this lovely review, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

No idea what the food was like - we were turned away at 7pm with the promise of at least an hour wait! Miserable staff who clearly did not want to serve us so we ate elsewhere and this pub has lost two customers!

2  Thank Ann K
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I decided to escape traffic jams on M56, in search of a nice pub and I was lucky to find this lovely place. Friendly and welcoming staff, good food, great prices. I will definitely return

Thank you JaneLarcombe for this lovely review, we hope to see you again soon!