“Gin Tastic”

Artichoke
Ranked #39 of 607 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contempory cafe, bar and bistro. From Sunday Roast to coffee, tea and toast, cocktails to real ales. Relaxed and friendly service combined with quality food and drinks. A great range of homemade cakes, real ale from Cheshire breweries, continental lager and artisan beers, modern bistro dining using the finest local suppliers and a wine and cocktail list second to none.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow .... I’ve not seen such an extensive gin menu before. My colleagues and I booked a table at the Artichoke for my last evening in Chester. I had been past a few times during my recent trip to Chester and had looked at the food menu on the website. But nothing prepared me for the pages and pages of gins available. What a treat!

Anyway back to the real reason for our visit the food. The menu offers a good selection of options. I opted for the vegetarian main course of Baked goats cheese with candied walnuts wrapped in Filo Pastry with new potatoes. The goats cheese roulade was scrummy but think the new potatoes and the accompaniment salad could have been a bit more adventurous. Nevertheless it was lovely. The service was excellent too.

Definitely worth a visit, and I’d most definitely return on my next visit to Chester.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Another visit to this excellent restaurant, this time just the two of us.
Arrived just after 5pm, very busy, but a table was soon found. As usual, really pleasant and friendly staff and our order was quickly taken. Roast beef for both of us, highly recommended and cooked to perfection. Washed down with a very good Spanish merlot and Tempranillo.
We have never been disappointed with Artichoke, always a high standard of food, drink and service. Well done to all.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great location with great beer. What more could you want. We loved the interior of this place. The staff were so friendly and helpful especially the young lady who was working during the late afternoon of the 9th. Top marks to her.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three of us ate here on a Monday when there is a 2 for 1 offer on Pizzas, and we therefore got 4 Pizzas between us, along with a side order of Marmite Potatoes. The pizzas we had were the Spicy meatballs & fresh chilli, the Chicken, chorizo & rosemary, the Italian meats & olives and the Seafood with dill & black olive. I was happy with my Seafood pizza, which had a thin crispy base and enough topping to make it enjoyable, and also enjoyed the shared pizza (meatballs), although it was more akin to ground beef than bits of meatball. However, my two colleagues were slightly disappointed with their pizzas; one with the amount of topping and the random way the topping was placed, which left areas with no toppings on, and the other with the doughyness of the crust. However, they did both say they would eat there again, but would not have the pizza next time. Service was very good, with the staff providing information on the beers they had available and recommending certain ones.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful roast beef dinner with a good selection of vegetables, all really tasty. Service was lovely too, can't fault our visit today, highly recommended.