Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$189
eDreamsUS$189
TravelocityUS$189
2,280 results
All reviews lovely hotel great central location city centre early hours reception staff afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

The staff were great however the room was really old and tired. When we arrived the room was sealed stating that it was covid clean but the toilet had been used and not flushed or clean, paint was stained and flaking, carpet was used and stained bathroom was completely tired, we had to request hand soap and body wash and lean towels, bath or basin would not empty, very disappointed

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Steve Burley, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2020

Dear Pinkymontieth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Macdonald New Blossoms.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent stay at Macdonald New Blossoms. As a historic building no two rooms are the same with each offering its own character and charm. If you had informed us of your disappointment with the room we may have been able to offer a different room and resolved this for your during your stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2020

Stayed a night to shop for Christmas presents and had a great room. Wonderful staff in particular Steven who went over and above to make our stay comfortable. Great staff,great hotel and perfect location.

Date of stay: December 2020

Dear Cxmx,

Thank you for these kind words, I will be sure to pass your comments onto Stephen and the team, we hope you have a wonderful Christmas and welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2020

We booked a 2 night stay at the hotel - land were informed it was a late check-in due to increased cleaning for Covid!
Arrived in the room & went to make a coffee on arrival & horrified that the cup had a big lipstick smudge on it -and coffee still in the cup with the fresh sachets & sugar in the cup !! I felt as if the rest of the room might not be adequately cleaned so santisied the whole of the room as how could I trust it had been cleaned properly.
Breakfast was served in the room in cardboard boxes because of Covid ?? why
It was cold and the order was incorrect.
Had to search for the cleaner & ask for toilet roll because the rooms were not serviced inbetween days and we were only provided with 1 loo roll for a 2 night stay!!
Whlst we know it is beyond the hotels control - it would have been relevant to have been informed that there was a major construction going on outside the hotel with drilling and contruction noise starting at 8am in the morning, when we were making the booking.
The Pillows on the beds were duck feather (not stated) & my daughter has an allergy so we asked for replacement pillows the next morning - still waiting at 8pm so opted to check out rather than spend another uncomfortable night at Blossoms - so disappointing and would NOT recommend particularly regarding standards of hygiene.

2  Thank LovedaRoast
Stephen McCready , General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2020

Dear LoedaRoast,

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. I really do appreciate the feedback and will ensure the relevant improvements are made.

Please contact our General Manager on the below email to discuss this further;
gm.blossoms@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

Called in advance to make sure we were not breaking any rules (Covid). Receptionist was ready helpful in answering all our questions. Very quiet, which was expected at the moment. Clean and tidy rooms with minimal tea and coffee making facilities. There was a speaker in the bathroom (no volume control) which was really loud so could not really have the TV on in the morning. Don’t really understand why that is there. Towels for 1 person only. Didn’t expect much more really due to the current restrictions. Just wanted a night away from being at home all the time. Served its purpose, I suppose.

Dear YvonnebT9948QN,

I hope you do choose to stay with us in the future as I would love for you to receive the true experience we have to offer.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 20 October 2020 via mobile

The whole hotel is spotlessly clean and some of the staff cannot be faulted. On checking in the lady at front desk was extremely helpful and very freindly, however there wasn't anything on the website saying the restaurant was closed so I was surprised to find we were told breakfast would be in the room which was fine by us, if you get what you order, but we didn't. We chose the overnight oats, what we actually hot was a spoonful of dried oats with a bit of cold water in a tub, probably poured in in the morning, they were totally inedible, and definitely not overnight oats, we then chose granola the next day, what we got was a tub of yoghurt & frozen fruit, no granola at all and there was no spoons. We chose tea but got coffee, we then got a freezing cold bacon barm it was that cold the butter hadn't melted, when I spoke to reception I received another stone cold barm.  Both days the breakfast was inedible so we ended up paying extra to go to a cafe both days. Which is such a shame as the breakfast in a hotel is something to look forward to. The phone in the room didn't work, so I had to go down to reception, I waited a good 5 minutes as it was unmanned, suddenly I heard someone blowing their nose really loud several times then a toilet flushing from the disabled toilet, the door opened and out came a member of staff from reception, coughing into his hands, this made me feel quite sick and I walked away, i dont think he even noticed me, but not once did he clean his hands.
There was also things advertised in the room that we didn't get, such as a bottle of water, bathrobes, there wasn't even any teabags or milk to make a cup of tea. We paid extra for an executive room but other than a larger bed this was no difference to the standard. I understand there will be restrictions due to Covid, but this needs to be told on booking at the very least, as we didn't get what we thought we had booked.
However compliments to the gentleman serving at the bar, he was very friendly and did a really good job and also the lady on reception, they both deserve a commendation for their hard work and were both very professional.
I'm sure these things could easily be rectified, it was just a little disappointing, but I will stay again, but only whilst the next door nightclub currently closes at 10pm, as I would imagine it would be quite noisy otherwise. But it's a perfect location in the middle of Chester near to everything. I have emailed Macdonald hotels twice after getting back 2 weeks ago, but not even had a reply.