All reviews train station town crier city road breakfast was buffet style stayed here for one night would stay again breakfast was excellent tea and coffee comfy bed short break pub zoo
Reviewed 16 September 2018

You get what you pay for hotel ok rooms clean breakfast ok nothing special but would not stay here again as we found the staff to be unfriendly to the point of rudeness as if you should not be disturbing them

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moretonhouse
General M, Manager at Hallmark Inn Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback.

I am so sorry for the issues you encountered with my team.

This is not to our usual standard.

I have shared your feedback with all and it will be discussed in greater depth.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Good location, nice staff. Large king-size bed but quilt cover had two single quilts in it instead of one big one? Cracking breakfast for £7.50 if bought on check-in. Would stay again if I visit Chester again. You can walk into town but there are busses and a taxi rank outside the Hotel.

Room Tip: Only know that my room was ok for the price.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank rockp1955
General M, Manager at Hallmark Inn Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us here at The Hallmark Inn Chester.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with ourselves and thank you for your positive feedback.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

My wife and I had a 2 night stay here for our visit to Chester. Location right next to the train station was the primary reason for choosing this hotel (early 7am train in the morning). The bed was large (superking) and comfortable, and the bathroom also large but somewhat dated, but adequate for our needs. Breakfast was standard fare but plentiful, and although breakfast not formally open until 7am, on our day of departure we were allowed in at 6.40am to avail ourselves of what was then available - including some sausages and hash browns just before we left. Overall quite good value.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

First impression, nice, changed as soon as I entered the room. All furniture is tired and worn, carpet is stained, some form of deficit under the carpet. The bathroom is beyond tired, needed ripping out, taps were old fashioned , sink cracked, the toilet had obviously been replaced at some point and the flooring botched to cover the gap but not the actual floor underneath, making it feel unstable, the shower head was tiny , the ceiling had had a leak at some point and been badly patched, the shower curtain was cheap, stained and missing hooks.
The Hotel Inspector wouldn't have stayed, the door had a key lock, handle on the front, none on the inside, making it very awkward to open.
The fire alarm went off twice for 20 seconds, then stopped, a sign in the bathroom states this can happen activated by steam! So if there genuinely was a fire, we wouldn't know til it was too late.
The 'double' bed was actually two, my husband's bed had a mattress protector, mine didn't and my sheet had a suspicious stain (was late when we got back so didn't complain)
I see from other reviews of similar complaints, which generate a standard review, bravo hallmark, charging over a hundred pounds for these rooms is disgusting, get your act together, rip them out and spend some money where it counts.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anita d
General M, Manager at Hallmark Inn Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

I am so sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I have shared them with the team and we will always endeavour to improve.

Constructive feedback such as yours is most useful to us from a guest perspective.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

This is a very outdated hotel. The reception appears beautiful but the rooms need a serious make over. We were only here two nights and that was enough. Why the celling is wall papered I do not know. The carpet appeared stained, the toilet and bath looked like they had been leaking, the lights took forever to come on, the heating didn't work and we were above the reception so could hear every conversation and phone call. It wasn't dusty that we could see. We had booked a twin room but were given a double and that was two beds put together with a sheet and very small duvet. There are three Hallmark hotels in this one road - I wonder if the others were any different. The price they offer for food - do not pay it. There are plenty of shops close by.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room above the reception as you can hear everything
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family