5 people are viewing this hotel
US$126
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$224
PricelineUS$126
Official HotelUS$125
Prestigia.comUS$224
1,661 results
All reviews afternoon tea round bed the secret garden quirky hotel duplex suite double shower roll top bath bar area my partner coffee machine the main hotel member of staff birthday treat special occasion car park staff were lovely full english
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 December 2020

Visited last night with two friends and can honestly say it’s the worst meal I have ever had. We all chose the turkey dinner at £16 each and I couldn’t believe it when it arrived..... half a carrot and half a parsnip a teaspoon of cabbage, 3 roast potatoes, 3 slices of turkey and two little pigs in blankets and a splash of gravy. Had to ask for cranberry sauce even though it was advertised as on the meal. I admit I have been spoilt by the recent amazing turkey roast at Duttons which was the best I’ve ever tasted but honestly this was laughable.
Later on I ordered a coffee which was plonked infront of me, half a cup, no milk or sugar until I had to ask.
I’ve eaten here a few times in the past and it’s been okay but would never waste my hard earned cash here again.
Really disappointing and although a beautiful venue it’s looking a bit tired

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

Went for a couple of drinks and some nibbles last night with friends. We ordered tapas style mix at £13 a head for the 6 of us that were there . Literally whoever was in that kitchen opened packets of tesco party food it was horrendous . Gave us all a good laugh . And to add insult the second bottle of presseco was the cheapest bottle of crap again a tesco special . Very disappointing WONT be returning felt like i'd had my wallet swiped ...

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank conord956
Reviewed 24 October 2020

The hotel itself is beautiful and in a great location! However that is where it stops! We stayed for two nights to celebrate a birthday only to have it ruined by some rude and arrogant gentleman called Rick (the night manager) there’s a obvious reason he works nights! He is certainly not a people person and severely lacks any sense of customer service! I wrote in to the hotel last week to express my concerns to be told I’d get a response within 24 hours... 6 days later still nothing I can only assume my email was deleted as they didn’t like what I had to say! Take your money else where!!! It’s definitely not appreciated here.

1  Thank Letsgetaway1510
Katie Bentley, Guest Services / Front Office at Oddfellows Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2020

Dear Letsgetaway1510,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns. And thank you for the lovely comments you have made about our hotel!

We are in the process of fully investigating your complaint and will come back to you. The hotel has been closed over lockdown with the team furloughed - due to this we have a backlog of correspondence. This is not a normal response time for us and we are grateful for your patience over what has been a very tricky year for hospitality businesses

With very best wishes,

Reviewed 21 October 2020

Really fabulous night away for my husband's birthday. Told them it was for a birthday and was blown away by the special finishing touches in the room. Bathroom spectacular with the roll top bath for a really relaxing time away. We had excellent nibbles and wine in The Secret Garden too. Couldn't recommend enough to stay there.

Dear PurpleMcKinners,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the extra touches and the roll top bath!

We hope you will join us again soon,

With best wishes

Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

We’ve been waiting to visit after our trip had to be postponed from earlier in the year so we were really looking forward to our stay. We booked 1 night in a Caldecott Classic. We arrived early so stored our luggage until check-in at 3pm. The receptionist was friendly and explained that toiletries and tea/coffee facilities had been removed due to Covid and asked if we would like them to take to our room. We replied yes and were handed a flimsy plastic bag with toiletries & tea/coffee mixed in together, the hotel have really missed a trick here as it could have been presented so much better in a recyclable bag or box. On arrival to the room we were disappointed to find that the room had been stripped of all furnishings (cushions/bed throw etc), I understand that it is necessary but some mention of it would have been useful in the ‘welcome’ email sent a few days earlier. There were no wine or water glasses, coat hangers etc. We could have brought these if we had known. Also no hotel information etc. Breakfast had to be booked for a set time with no room service. Finally we were very unprepared for the open shower/toilet in the room, this isn’t made clear in the description. All in all it was quite a disappointing stay in what should have been a special occasion for us and definitely not worth £175.

1  Thank MissTLancs

Dear MissTLancs,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your thoughts on your stay. It is only with feedback from our customers we can improve our service so we thoroughly appreciate it.

We had to make amends to our normal services in light of covid - and the guidance for hotels across the country has been standard in terms of rooms amenities and stripping back of extra furnishings. Any hotel following those guidelines would have had to follow similar procedures. We do love your idea of a recyclable box for the toiletries instead of a bag and will look into this.

We will also look into the way the communication makes these changes clear. This has obviously been a time of uncertainty and huge change for all hotels and we can only apologise if we haven't managed to get it right. But your feedback will help us so thank you!

With very best wishes,