All reviews cottage suite brewery house granola tea room croque madame welsh rabbit living room the river antique furniture tea shop breakfast was delicious homemade biscuits large bedroom little extra touches on arrival afternoon tea interesting books
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

This B&B is perfect! A lovely location by the river with a pleasant walk to the cathedral. A magnificent suite with a lovely view over the river. Excellent breakfast (no full English, but plenty of options). Exceptionally friendly people. Tea and cake included. What more could anyone want!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I stayed in the Cottage Suite for 2 nights in July on Saturday and Sunday nights. The B&B is on the river and a short walk to High Street and the reason I came, Ely Cathedral.

It is a joy to not only have a good sized bedroom and bath but also a nice living room with a refrigerator and tea making facilities. You also have homemade biscuits, chocolates, fresh milk and cake offered as well.

The bed is very comfortable and for someone who was traveling with the minimum amount of luggage for 3 weeks, I didn’t have a robe, but one was waiting for me here.

There was so much to do in the small city of Ely - a concert, touring of the cathedral, touring Oliver Cromwell’s house for starters. The train station is nearby and makes Ely a good base for many other places to visit and then you can return to your peaceful rooms by the river.

If you are fortunate to have Emma to care for you during your stay, you have found someone who goes beyond normal to make your stay convenient and carefree. She is also very sweet and kind. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I will return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We stayed for three nights at peacocks in the Cottage Suite which includes a large bedroom, separate spacious living area, and shower room, all beautifully decorated, with everything we could need. Welcomed with some delicious homemade cake and cream, with chocolates in the fridge (in the room) along with shortbread biscuits (replaced every day). Our hosts were really friendly as were all the staff at the tea room which occupies the lower floor. Breakfast has to be experienced to be believed. We started each day with a large cocktail glass of granola, yoghurt, honey and fresh fruit (different every day). This was followed by a real alternative to the traditional "full English" being able to choose from a wide range of delicacies. Toast and locally made jam was available, as were cereals and porridge, but we didn't need any of these. The B&B is just a few yards from the riverside with lovely views, and parking outside. The car didn't move for the two days we were exploring Ely as all of the sights, experiences, restaurants and river walks were within easy walking distance. A truly wonderful place.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I am not going to write a long review because Macrossiter has covered it perfectly in their review 2 weeks ago. We stayed here for 2 nights for my Daughters wedding, so glad we chose this place.The suite is amazing, full of antiques and very tasteful, the breakfast is very different but extraordinarily good, Georges company at breakfast is a treat, best B&B we have stayed at to date you get what you pay for as they say, loved every minute. We would recommend this place 100% thanks again George.
Mike & Natalie

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We came to celebrate our wedding as a "Minimoon" recently. We previously lived in Ely but moved up north a few years ago. We always enjoyed the tea house and thought this was the perfect opportunity to give the B&B a go.

We arrived quite late due to a late train but were still greeted by a cheery George who made us feel most welcome and showed us the ropes.

The rooms are a full on suite, with a bedroom (king sized bed), living room and bathroom. The rooms are full of antique furniture and all the amenities you could ask for. I often find I'm made to ask for an iron and ironing board in most places I stay so this small detail was appreciated.

The room has a very detailed guest information pack, including information on Ely, history of the building and candid reviews of local eating establishments. If you don't know Ely it would be a valuable guide on where to visit and eat.

All of the above is already great value for what you're paying but Peacocks really top it off with an amazingly generous and high-quality breakfast which both feeds you and also serves as a relaxing introduction to Ely life. Don't skip the Granola "starter" and if you're staying for more than one day make sure you work through the hot menu. The Welsh Rabbit was my favourite and George was also more than accommodating when I asked for something that wasn't on the menu and ensured the kitchen could whip it up.

Good room, food, staff and friendly owners; all at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple