All reviews the small car park stable block breakfast staff main building centre of town ely cathedral single room breakfast was excellent a lovely stay yogurt
Reviewed 4 October 2018

This is a lovely old hotel in a prime location. Our stay was marred by being told that the restaurant had been block booked by a visiting coach party of US tourists. On Saturday night, we were told that we should "get to the bar early" and eat there, but there would not be waitress service. When I complained to head office after the trip, I was called by the manager, who explained that, as residents, we should have been offered waitress service at a reserved table in the bar :-(

Room Tip: Pay extra for a superior room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
lamb6476, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I apologise you felt this way we would always want all of our guests to feel just as welcome as each other so I'm very disappointed to hear that this wasn't the case during your visit.

Samantha L

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant! Great stay! Food was lovely!breakfast and lunch! Great gin selection too! And prosecco friday deal was a treat! Staff were lovely and helpful through out my stay! Stayed with family members! Great location!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Stayed overnight Saturday 2 weeks ago. First the positives - quiet in room, comfy bed, friendly, helpful staff, excellent breakfast. Now the negatives - very expensive (£132.50 for one night!), Room tatty & in need of redecoration (gaps in ceiling paper, bathroom scruffy but reasonably clean).Expected luxury for price paid - it was far from that & we had to climb stairs to 2nd floor - no lift.
Evening meal OK for price, good beer.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
lamb6476, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for you feedback, I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy all elements of your stay with us. We are always more than happy to move rooms onto the first floor if we have the availability and do have ground floor rooms which can be pre-booked if required. Our rates are fluctuating based upon how far in advance booked, the day, how busy the hotel is and the season and across the next month range from £97.50 - £137.50 for a Saturday but because of our central location we often get booked quite in advance which then affects the price. I'm pleased to hear you had excellent service from the staff and enjoyed your stay with us otherwise and hope that we maybe see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Room was clean but small. Expensive. No information in the room, eg meal times, wifi, etc.
Shower only worked after I asked at reception and they told me about the knack!
Mean with the tea bags and coffe, only 2 of each.
No slip proof mat for the bath/shower once I got hot water coming out.
Meal was OK in parts but less so in others. The steak was good, the chips were hot but the mushrooms were either boiled or microwaved and only luke warm. The seasonal veg were frozen peas, a few beans and broccoli all boiled to death and luke warm.
It was early, so busy was not an excuse. Overall, it sums up why independent hotels and restaurants are so much better.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Good evening and thank you for your feedback. It is our policy upon check in to give information on meal times, bar opening times, wifi, reception contact number and an out of hours contact number so I apologise if this information wasn't discussed with you upon your check in. The WIFI details should also be found in every room.

Reception are always happy to provide more coffee/tea or help with any other query where possible.

I'm sorry to hear your food wasn't to your satisfaction, again we would always look to check back with our customers to ensure their food is ok and correct anything that is not, so I apologise again if this was not done during your stay.

Our prices are based upon the area and location and fluctuate dependant upon how busy the hotel is when booked so a double room for example over the next month ranges from £87.50 - £137.50 and being one of only 2 hotels in Ely we can get booked quite far in advance which then affects the prices to those booking nearer to the time.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Really like this my place to stay in Ely. Second visit this time. Pub is great for dinner or drink on arrival. Room was clean, quiet, comfortable. Breakfast - great hot brekkie selection including Eggs Royale. And superb price to crown it all off.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
lamb6476, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I'm very pleased to hear you have enjoyed both of your stays with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Samantha L