See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2010

this is the most old fashioned B&B I have ever stayed in.
The room was not ensuite, shared a bathroom with another guest. Infact feel sure it was shared with owners too. There seemed a lot of toileteries which were unlikely to belong to the single male guest. The bathroom suite was avocado green.
Breakfast was cereal/bacon and egg (fried). No choice that was it!.
The pyrex cups just summed the whole experience up.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKPNewcastle
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I stayed here for 1 night with my wife and Mother.
There are a limited number of rooms (3 I think) and not all are ensuite. We took the single (not ensuite but with washing facilities) and the twin which is ensuite with shower & toilet. Both rooms are upstairs at the back of the B&B overlooking the garden and parking area.
The rooms were quiet, clean, and tidy and certainly good enough for our wants, the decor is not boutique but its not harsh on the eye either.
Where this B&B wins is the friendliness of the owner (Nora), off street parking, a pleasant garden for sitting out, and being only 2 minutes walk from the cathedral and town centre (OK Ely is a City, but its town/village sized really!!). My Mum walks but not for any great distance or at speed so this was a great advantage.
Breakfast was fine, the sleeping was good, and the ensuite shower was good. The owner was full of useful information about Ely which would have been great if we'd been staying longer.
They require a deposit be sent to them at booking (£20) but they don't take credit cards so cash or cheque only when settling the bill.
I think it cost us around £80 for 2 rooms for 1 night so its not massively inexpensive but its in line with the rest of Ely accommodation. Overall its probably a standard British B&B and we had no problems with it (breakfast was started and served fairly early for a weekend stay if I had to quibble, but as its close to center there were other places to eat if you wanted them!)
We found the Posthouse via the Ely Tourist office and its website, we were visiting Ely for the OU graduation ceremony (in June) and for that weekend most of Elys accommodation was already booked up in February so finding somewhere that was quiet, clean, and so well located was great. Thanks Nora!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family