See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I was surprised to have such a positive experience. After reading the reviews, I was a little bit worried. I had booked a single room and although the decor was nice, the room was quite tiny and there were problems with the hot water in the shower. After reporting the problem, the reception upgraded me to a beautiful double room. This room had even better decor and a lot of space. It was also very clean.

The guy at the reception may be one of the precious resources in this hotel because he is so kind and patient. He helped me with my luggage and he didn't complain not even after I woke him up at 7 am because I had forgotten my notebook power adaptor. He really has the right personality to deal with people.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The bed is comfortable and the lights on the ceiling are nice. Sadly that is all that is good as this hotel. Considering it had a recent refurbishment there is black mold in the shower, the water pressure is rubbish, the curtains are broken and don't shut properly, the walls are paper thin so you can hear everything that goes on, the bathroom hasn't been plastered properly, there are the remained of dead insects smashed into the ceicing, over starched bed sheets mean it sounds like you sleep in a crisp packet, the wall light has been screwed on at a ridiculous angle, you have to hold the button in on the hairdryer provided to make it actually work, squeeky floorboards everywhere, the repaint is terrible, the website has different prices to what you actually pay. I was going to give it 3 stars as it is cheap but after 1 night even 1 feels harsh. 1 more night to go but doughty it will get any better.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I Booked this very overpriced “hotel” to visit a relative in hospital and stay over in Cambridge.
I checked on google and discovered parking was very limited so checked to see if there was hotel parking, to be told it would cost a further £15 on top of the overpriced room cost !
I further checked the “rules” of the hotel and was horrified as to all their extra charges for booking in early / staying later and all without the hope of breakfast.
After then checking the reviews on this site I decided not to stay.......
I would Call this place the Ryanair of hotels.....
PAY A LITTLE EXTRA AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE....

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank toneavenger
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The en suite bathroom was literally 1m by 3m in size. It was very difficult to use it because it was so tiny. I have been in bigger fitting rooms in a department store. The pole holding the shower head came away from the wall. I was charged £20 for parking when the booking says £15. No option of breakfast at all. Parking behind the hotel is only enough for 4 of 5 cars at most and space is so restrictive that it was very difficult to park without nearly hitting another car or the fence.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MannyMMistry
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We spent a night there and i forgot my husband graded sunglasses before leaving the room. I spent two hours in the lobby working and then i remembered i had forgotten them in and asked to check the room they told me they did not found them! Thiefs they cant even use them as they were graded sunglasses!

Date of stay: May 2018