See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Spent 1 night here for a weekend in Cambdrige. Lets start with the positive note.. blankets were clean and so was WC. Now.. we arrived at 11:00am and were asked to check in at 3pm. We went for a walk and came back at 3 as agreed; couldn't really believe what we saw when walked into our "double compact" room at ground floor.. basin in the room so close to the bed you had to walk sideways to actually get to opposite side of the bed.. bed size was less than a standard double more like a wide single bed (mattress no more than 110cm wide, although comfortable). I can't believe they're offering a 9 square meter room (measured it!) as a double. The size of the room is clearly not adequate for two people.. I can only imagine how hard it would be for an overweight couple to get any sleep. Not that we got much, considering that the duvet was again for a single bed so that I spent most of the night uncovered. At least the heating was working well. Also the room was not very silent, being just behind the reception. Toilet seat in the WC was nearly attached to the wall on one side, so you had to (...) diagonally. Light in the bathroom was only working during the day (probably wired to the hotel's kitchen? So at night we had to use our smartphone torches to use it. Breakfast.. continental breakfast (included in the £129/night) was minimal but not horrible. No sign of anything salted or of croissants/pastries of any kind. Just bread and jam, fruit salad, yogurt, juice, milk, a warm drink and cereal. Interesting fact, you have to declare your half-hour breakfast "slot" the night before.. or you will loose your turn, so make sure you don't oversleep!!!

Too many rooms in too little space, this is my impression. Not sure about the other rooms types but compact double is a complete wrip-off.

Won't get fooled by the little saving again.. Next time in Cambridge I will spend £20 extra to get some decent sleep... elsewhere.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank racheleq2015
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 15:00 Only to be Told as did not Book Parking it would be an Extra £15 or Park on the Meters Opposite which I did on PayGo App at a Cost of £2.10
Booked a Single Compact Room, Compact Room You have to Open The Door to a Turnaround !!
Wifi is Free, which is a Blessing as The Described Fully Equipped TV in every Room can only get 4 Terrestrial Channels All DVB Channels have Message Please connect to a Main Source & Start Setup Again.
I did complain to Reception and was told He will sort while I went for a Walk.
Came Back & He said I've got your 4 Channels working Now.
I Now get BBC 1&2, That's Cambridge & BBC4
All other Channels give Previous Set up Message.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

A big thank you to Sadia and Mari for their help during our stay and for the amazing breakfast. The hotel is great and close to the train station and it has been recently re-furbished, so the rooms are lovely!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I'm writing this as I lay on my bed in my ground floor room at the Fenners B&B Hotel. It's 11:45pm and I haven't been out drinking but I'm wide awake as I can hear my stupidly noisy neighbour upstairs(!!!!) This has been an ongoing problem all week; not least the noise from upstairs but the noise of people coming and going throughout the night(!!!!) the front door to the B&B is old and chunky, so when it slams shut, that's all you can hear from these horrible ground floor rooms.
The breakfast here is crap, incredibly basic and be warned, if you want anything hot - you pay extra(!!!!!)
Avoid like the plague.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank sophiesaysrelax
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I booked this hotel for a one night stay in Cambridge. While the reception was welcoming and the room well appointed, the positives of this hotel seemed to stop the moment I turned off the lights. The walls are thin and we could hear all night the coming and goings of other guests. Also while our room was ensuite, we found out the hard way that there is also a toilet/bathroom next door to us with a defect and very noisy fan, that woke us up at 6 in the morning with a disturbing drill sound. The unpleasant experience continued into the breakfast where the continental breakfast included in the price resumed itself to 3 varieties of cereals, and an empty orange juice jug that never got replenished. They however seemed to have an extensive paid breakfast menu. All the prices are in the region of £6.95 to £10, coffee or tea included (however no toast !). We opted for eggS benedict, with the S in the menu, indicating plural and obviously multiple eggs (I would expect 2). What we got is 1 poached/hard boiled egg on a bed of watery, non seasoned spinach and a chewy English muffin. Also the ham was replaced by bacon. Well that is not worth £8.95. So for the next guests, save yourself the money and eat in town. Cambridge has amazing places for breakfast!

Room tip: bad breakfast, rooms ok but likely to be noisy, keep looking and chose other hotels.
Date of stay: September 2017