“Very good”
Review of Carlton Lodge

Carlton Lodge
Ranked #79 of 126 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2017

I've been two consecutive days in cambridge and i stayed in Carlton lodge, the lady was very helpfull and its very kind. The room was super clean and convenient.
Has a great location, really near the center and its not expensive.
Cheers from Portugal!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

For what I paid I couldn't fault the place. Shared bathroom is never the dream but it was fine. Bed was comfy, decent tv, internet signal wasn't great from my room 6 though. Breakfast is cereal and toast etc. Owner could talk a glass eye to sleep, lovely fella. Will use again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

The owner is the highlight of this B&B and I must also mention that the continental breakfast is really good.
The mattress in the room I had needed replacing, but at least everything was clean and tidy.
The shower wasn't very powerful or hot, but it got the job done in the end.
For the money I feel that the place offers good value as long as you are OK with just the basics.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2015

We enjoyed our visit to Cambridge UK and staying at the Carlton Lodge. We stayed in a Double Room with a very comfortable king size bed. Had all we needed in the room which included tea and coffee and a wall mounted TV, which was appreciated when we were awake with Jet Lag !! Breakfast was more than enough for us - cereals, breads, eggs, fruit and yogurt - enough to get the day started off on the right foot. The walk into City Center was about 20 - 25 minutes along a scenic path. The Owners were friendly and welcoming. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Our hosts were friendly and very welcoming. The double room was small and we had to develop strategies for moving around. The ensuite bathroom is very compact and the sink so small that you really have to shower if you want to wash. The water pressure was, however, very low, so I was gad I had washed my long hair before arriving. I peeped in on the single, budget rooms. They were very, very small and a bit fusty. But to be fair to the hosts, the photos on the website are pretty accurate. Breakfast was sparing and designed to prevent waste with dinky jugs of milk, slivers of toast, foiled wrapped pastries - but I did get a generous jug of hot milk when I asked.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple