2,215 results
All reviewsfree parkingparkers piecewet roomoverlooking parker's piececity centrelovely hotelexcellent locationcar parkwalk in showeron site parkingsuperior roomwithin easy walking distancethe air conditioningroom was largevisit cambridgefew minutes walkvery pleasant stay
Reviewed 18 August 2018

The hotel itself is very nice new and fresh feeling. Excellent bed and bathroom.On our arrival it was raining and we wanted to go to the Fitzwilliam Museum- we were lucky enough to get a lift there in the hotel Bentley at short notice which is a nice and unusual hotel 'gimmick'.
My 'but' well- we booked in for dinner at the hotel and were supposed to get a %age allowance according to my Expedia booking. I though that the pricing was expensive for what we had although the qualit was excellent ans was the service from Agnes. It was probably my own fault I did not remember about the discount I was supposed to get. Then at checkout the stuck me with £30 parking charge for the two days. I had specifically chosen the Gonville because of its parking and I see nothing on the website or my booking to say there was a £15 a day charge. Not that it is unreasonable in Cambridge - just that I failed to be given adequate notice of it and it took me by surprise.
So with these two minuses it kinda reduced my overall experience a bit. Take care . this seems to me to be a bit of an overpriced if very nice place.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Casata2014,

In the first instance, I am very pleased to hear that you were so positive about so many elements of your stay. I will be sure to personally thank Agnes and the Chefs and please be assured that I speak on behalf of everyone, when I say that we were happy to have been of service to you.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the Bentley tour with Elliot and again, I am very happy to hear that the service from the staff was excellent overall.

I do think it is only fair to point out to other reviewers that the current Expedia offer allows our guests a £10 credit towards food or a spa treatment. This is removed at the point of check out to avoid any confusion. I am not sure where you saw a % off offer? We have checked with Expedia to be sure the £10 offer is the only one currently running..

We have been very careful to ensure that or parking charge is very reasonable and I am glad that you feel this way too. The parking charge information is on all of our booking confirmation emails including Expedia's. That said, we have reviewed their web pages again and asked them to make the information more prominent in case guests don't read their confirmations in full. Thank you for sharing this and please be assured that your comments and all gust experiences help us to review and modify what we do at the Gonville.

We do hope that this has not put you off and that you will stay with us again. Please do feel free to book with us directly next time on office@gonvillehotel.co.uk

Our best wishes

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We had the loveliest weekend away and this hotel was exactly what we were after. Our room was small but clean and well presented, and the bed super comfortable. Location is ideal for walking into the centre and although next to a road it wasn’t noisy. We would definitely recommend and we would book there again without question.

1  Thank Sam B
Management response:Responded 4 weeks ago

We are delighted to know that you would stay with us again without questions. You must give us a call next time, we would be very happy to find you another equally lovely and clean room, only a bit bigger for you.

We look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I booked the gonville hotel for a surprise for my wife's birthday, and a great decision it was. We really enjoyed our stay, the staff was very helpful and friendly, our room was very clean and comfortable. And they even left my wife a birthday card and a bottle of prosecco.
We will certainly stay here again and would recommend the gonville to anyone looking at staying in Cambridge.

Hello Steveeygee,

We are very happy that you chose the Gonville for such a special occasion and I am thrilled to know that the staff went the extra mile to make it so memorable.

We are delighted to know that you would stay with us and recommend us to other travelers - thank you.

Our best wishes

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We rang three times to book a room at Gonville Hotel late one evening and no one answered , i finally got through after the third attempt, the person on the other end did not seem experienced so i wasn't confident.
Not a good start ,the room was fine with only one towel for two of us !Tried to communicate this with the maid who looked at me puzzled.Finally found someone further down the corridor who could understand me.Plus side the breakfast was good as were other staff.
In essence average hotel that did not shine inside or out.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear kinner2n,

It certainly sounds like we did not get off to the best start with you and I can only apologies if we have been so busy with calls and enquirers.

We have a wonderfully diverse team of individuals in the Housekeeping department and although English is not always their first language, the ladies pride themselves on putting guests first and dealing with requests that we might get on the corridors. I am sorry if we did not manage to understand you on the first attempt.

It is very positive to hear that you felt that all of the other staff were were good, as was breakfast but sorry to know that this detracted so much from your overall rating and experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Wonderful hotel in perfect location. Staff were polite and efficient. Lovely large room with complimentary bottle of Cava and card for our anniversary. Highlight of our stay was the tour in the Gonville Bentley with Elliot. Lovely gentleman- Thank you Elliot!

Dear Juliet F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and share you Gonville experience. We are delighted to hear that you had such a great time and that Elliot was able to treat you to a tour of the city.

On a personal note, I am always very happy to hear that the team offered such a polite and efficient service, I know that they will be thrilled to know that and to have been of service to you both.

We will hopefully see you next year for your next anniversary.